Our little scientist visits the Exploreum science center in SM MOA

Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

I’m happy that my son visits Exploreum with all his heart, because we at home love science. When it comes to science, it’s a like father like son thing, When I learned that Exploreum revamps the entire exhibit and attraction last month, I heavily promoted this to my son that he must check it and explore the wonders of science with fun.

For the record, this is Ashton’s 2nd time, the 1st was when this science center is named Discovery center, Ash was here when he was hmmm 2 years old. I know that he totally forgot it and I wonder if he even appreciates the attractions back then.

Fast forward to his 4 years of age, he’s into science and geography now, and I’m sure he can appreciate this more because all topics are being covered now in his prep class.

Ashton’s fave in science is astronomy, geography and biology.

Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

At first, its hard to have a warm up session with the exhibit, so since I’m with him, I acted myself as the educator or the curator of the exhibit. I explained to him about the exhibit and show how things works.



Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

Ashton got scared at this camouflage exhibit.
But I explained to him again that animals do have the ability to change colors and adapt colors of the environment in order to hide from their predators.

Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

I’m impressed to my son when we showed this photos to our family at home. He explained to the rest of my family about the exhibit and what he have learned.

wow!!!

so pwede na pala ako mag curator hahahah.
If given a chance…game ako!


Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

Ashton enjoyed this part of the interactive exhibit
we learned that his speed of running is equals to a spider’s dash.

I tried mine and it equals to a running chicken hahaha.


Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

Car parts???
he’s an expert on this topic

because Ashton is a die cast car collector.


Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

Our seat during the Dome theater showing about the Cosmos.
I waited for 2 years for him to appreciate this.

lots of wow moments here.

Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

Ashton tries to read the note of the exhibit



Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

I also showed to him the vintage telephone.

I do hope that they can lower the platform of the exhibit, so that small kids can see it properly and also interact with it.


Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

Ashton enjoyed the weather report demo
We laughed super when Ashton finishes the entire demo without any briefing


Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

I told him to share some secrets to me
but all I can hear is…hi…hello…ano sabi mo ? ahahahah


Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

Ash got amazed when he saw this big gaming tablet!
yeah naglaro muna sya dyan.


Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

Hanging out at the living Earth exhibit
Here I showed to him the rage of the tsunami.


Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

Tornado machine.
I’m glad that this demo unit works..


Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

The milestone moment for Ash.
Driving a solar powered car…Ash drove this on its own.


Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

Planets…moons and stars… one of our fave exhibit here in Exploreum
I hope they can add more interactive exhibits.

Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

Here’s Ash and Mom Lace in front of the SOS or Science of Sphere.

I hope that they display the tablet that controls the SOS…
its kinda boring when we see the default image of the Earth.

I think its better if they just play the demo reel, so that we can see the other planets and other SOS stats of our Earth.

Ashton's visit in Exploreum SM MOA

Over all….Our Exploreum experience is awesome!!
Congrats to our little scientist!

I want to enroll him to the Summer Science Camp, but Ashton will have a summer class because he got accelerated from Prep to Kinder 2.

RATE
Gallery viewing and one Dome theater show - PHP 350
Gallery only - PHP 250
Dome theater only - PHP 150
Junior Science Club - PHP 1,000
Children's gallery - PHP250 per 3 hours
Extra Planetarium show - PHP 100
source: Exploreum website


The Exploreum is located at SM Mall of Asia and SM Lanang Premier.

For more information, visit www.exploreum.ph