Venus and Jupiter conjunction–July 2, 2015

DSC_0003

DSC_0018

The two planets – Venus and Jupiter started to have an up close pairing last June 27th, I didn’t know that there’s an event in our night sky, I was surprised to see an update in the Facebook page of Sky and Telescope and they informed everyone that the two bright stars will go near to each other on June 30.


I missed the June 30 part, but I was so ready to view it for July 1 – my birthday, I was in Tagaytay City with my wife and I am so happy to see it myself in the night sky, I took some pics but it wasn’t good enough to share it due to cloudy conditions.

I shared the news in my Facebook in order to invite other people to observe and view the pairing of the two bright stars in the sky.

As they say, this is the star of Bethlehem, the two planets – Venus and Jupiter are the responsible for giving the brightest star in the sky during 3-2 BC. (source)

I took another chance on July 2, this time..I am prepared to take a photo --- but the problem is… my mounting plate for my Manfrotto compact tripod is missing, so here’s my attempt in capturing the conjunction of two planets in high ISO and no tripod support.

The view in Cavite is awesome… my kid also loves the view and we compare the view in our Sky map iOS app for more descriptive info to my 5 year old astronomy fan.

I also submitted this photo at http://www.skyandtelescope.com/online-gallery/conjunction-pictures/
So that everyone can know what’s the view here in the Philippines.