Black Friday tech gadget shopping with Globe Gcash American Express Virtual Pay (here’s a how to)

Black Friday shopping with Gcash American Express Virtual Pay

Black Friday is one of the biggest tech and gadgets sale, bargain, discount event in the USA. The event usually occurs right after their Thanksgiving Day, it is the most awaited shopping event because in the US it is considered as a start of Christmas shopping day. Retailers from physical stores and online stores participate in the annual Black Friday and the schedule for this year is on November 27, 2015.

We usually heard the news that people in the US go crazy during Black Friday because it’s the only one-day event that they can score tech and gadget items at a low low low price. My family in the US participate and I envy them because they always take home the best tech and gadgets, from smartphone, PS4, home appliances and small gadgets, all are bought from Black Friday. There are lots of shopping bargain events in the US, there's also the Cyber Monday, Games sale and app sale.

But here in the Philippines, we don’t have our own Black Friday, well, we usually have our 3 day sale in some malls, but it doesn’t match the super low prices from the Black Friday. But I learned that you can participate in the Black Friday madness even if you are here in the Philippines.

Globe GCash always have this service were you can register your Gcash account to have an American Express Virtual Pay card account. It’s an American Express credit card that uses your Globe Gcash fund and it also give you a USA home address and a shipping registration to My Shopping Box – a service that creates a USA home address and it can ship items directly to your door step for a price of $USD 5.99 per pound.

You can read details here:

Globe Gcash Amex- https://mygcash.globe.com.ph/gcashamex/
My Shopping Box - http://my-shoppingbox.com/

Black Friday shopping with Gcash American Express Virtual Pay

Here’s a preview of a Globe Gcash American Express Virtual Pay card and account. Its not a physical card, but it’s a virtual card with real American Express account that uses your Globe Gcash.

Benefits:
1. You get a free $USD 25 registration fee that is good for 12 months at My Shopping Box. It means you get a free USA home address

2. Globe GCash American Express Virtual Pay can be used in purchasing items in Amazon and other shopping sites in the US and also you can use it to buy apps at iTunes and Google Play Store and also you can use it to add load to your phone number.

3. You can fund your Globe Gcash by using your load, or depositing cash to any Globe store.

4. You pay a minimum fee as low as USD 5.99 shipping fee at My Shopping Box when you use Globe Gcash American Express Virtual Pay


5. You get 3-5% discount on My Shopping Box shipping fees when you pay using Gcash American Express Virtual Pay

6. Its safe and secured. There’s no physical card, its just a virtual card that is connected via your Globe phone number and registered via Globe Know-Your-Customer service or KYC

7. First time registered users get free subscription to Globe Gacsh Amex Virtual Pay til December 31, 2015


Things you need to apply for Globe Gcash American Express Virtual Pay
1. Globe number - you will use it to register at the Globe Gcash app
2. Valid ID – You need to submit your full details and valid ID in a Globe Store to be KYC’d
3. Smartphone and laptop – Install Gcash app in your smartphone and use laptop to shop at Amazon
4. Cash – You need cash to fund your Gcash account


Here’s a Walkthrough

Black Friday shopping with Gcash American Express Virtual Pay

I went to WWW.AMAZON.COM to check out first the Black Friday list. For me, this is the best shopping site to start when purchasing items from the US.

I listed the items that I like and later on I will compute how much will I need to deposit in my Globe Gcash.



Black Friday shopping with Gcash American Express Virtual Pay

Holy Stone F180c Holy Stone Mini RC Quadcopter with 720P Camera,4CH 6-Axis Gyro 2.4 GHz

I spotted a nice R2D2 unit, but this Quadcopter drone with camera caught my eye. It is priced at $USD 69.99 with free shipping

check it out here - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PXWS1CY/ref=pe_1763890_145073400_tnp_emaildp_1


Black Friday shopping with Gcash American Express Virtual Pay

I downloaded the GCash app on my Android Smartphone. You will start here for the registration, make sure you have a Globe load in your phone.

Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.globe.gcash.android&hl=en
iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/ph/app/gcash/id520020791?mt=8

Black Friday shopping with Gcash American Express Virtual Pay

I launched the Globe Gcash app after it was downloaded and then I filled up the registration with my full details.

Tip: don’t use alias, just use your real name and what’s written in your valid ID. And use a good password combination for your log in account.

Black Friday shopping with Gcash American Express Virtual Pay

Then I got directed to a Know-Your-Customer details. You need a valid id to be verified by Globe.
This will be used for your American Express card details.

Black Friday shopping with Gcash American Express Virtual Pay

After registering via Globe Gcash app, I received these SMS notification to let met know that I registered.
To be verified by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, you need to submit valid ID xerox copy – two IDs are better to make sure you are who you are.

For my case, I submitted my Passport ID, it is one of the powerful primary ID here in the Philippines.
No questions asked when you have Passport ID.

Black Friday shopping with Gcash American Express Virtual Pay

The KYC took around 1-2 days and after that day, I received an email notifying me that I got verified by Globe.

Black Friday shopping with Gcash American Express Virtual Pay

And then I received this SMS informing me that I already have a Globe Gcash American Express Virtual Pay account.

All details will be sent via SMS, so make sure you take care of these accounts.


Black Friday shopping with Gcash American Express Virtual Pay

I launched my Globe Gcash app to check my account and also my Gcash fund balance.
I checked this while I was in bed…it was at around 10:28pm, my bed time, when I received a KYC notification and confirming registration of my Gcash Amex.

Black Friday shopping with Gcash American Express Virtual Pay

And here’s my Gcash fund….
btw, This is my 2nd Globe Gcash account – a much better version after I used their 1st generation of Globe Gcash with real ATM card years ago.

I can now use my Globe Gcash in sending money, pay bills, and also Buy load..and oh wait with the Amex feature, I can also buy items from the US.


Black Friday shopping with Gcash American Express Virtual Pay

Here’s a section of the Globe Gcash App showing your American Express Virtual Pay details.
Its your virtual card.

Black Friday shopping with Gcash American Express Virtual Pay
You can also view the Amex Virtual Card details, You can use this to shop at Amazon.com for example.
Take note of the US address, Expiry Date and US phone number. You will use that in the registration details at Amazon.com

Also, after acquiring a Globe Gcash Amex Virtual Pay account, you also get an automatic account at My Shopping Box – just use the same email address you registered here at Globe Gcash.

Black Friday shopping with Gcash American Express Virtual Pay

So I went to www.AMAZON.COM again and I registered an account and I used the US home address that was provided by Globe Cash Amex Virtual Pay.

Take note: Make sure you log the right US home address – Street number first, then followed by the Suite number. I mistakenly copied the full details from the card which is Suite number comes first and its different when you log it at Amazon, they use Street number first.

Then I bought the Holy Stone Quadcopter drone with Camera and then I received these notification via SMS

Black Friday shopping with Gcash American Express Virtual Pay

I received this payment first for the verification fee.
and then..this SMS comes next.

Black Friday shopping with Gcash American Express Virtual Pay

I received this SMS notification that confirms that I already paid the item at www.Amazon.com using the Globe Gcash Amex Virtual Pay.

The My Shopping Box payment for the shipping not yet included, I will wait for it to reflect the cost at My Shopping Box account when the item arrives there.


Black Friday shopping with Gcash American Express Virtual Pay

Then I received an email after a day and I got informed that my item has been shipped to my US home address provided by Globe Gcash Amex Virtual Pay.

Black Friday shopping with Gcash American Express Virtual Pay
It was on the way……and Item took 2 days only (with free shipping) to be delivered to my US home address and now I wait it to reflect to my My Shopping Box account and confirmation that my item is already there and ready to be shipped in the Philippines.

I will receive the item in 10-12 working days. It’s a perfect early Christmas shopping for us….I bought another 2 extra items…yup related to gadgets and toys hahahah.

I will post an update when the item arrives here in my home.


UPDATE:
I learned that items with batteries are NOT allowed to be shipped via air, the only option left and available is to ship the item via sea.

Im happy that My Shopping Box now can ship items via air and sea, you have to choose which option. For items with batteries, the only option left is to ship it via sea.

I haven't received yet a report from My Shopping Box for the ETA of the item here in Manila. And the shipping via sea cost me a  $USD 14.99

So if you want your item be shipped via air.. Then choose an item without a battery.

















Black Friday shopping with Gcash American Express Virtual Pay

Over all.
Globe Gcash American Express Virtual Pay can do all the things and hassle for you. You can just sit in your sofa at home, do your usual thing and wait for the item you purchased in Amazon to arrive.

In a nutshell.

- Its a virtual credit card linked to your Gcash wallet
- You can shop online from both local or foreign sites that accepts AMERICAN EXPRESS
- You also get a personalized US home address via My Shopping Box, and item can be sent to your home address in the Philippines
- You can also use it to buy apps and games that are available in the US
- Enjoy a worry-free payment system through a security code feature in the app.
- Get a free subscription til December 31, 2015 at Globe Gcash Amex Virtual Pay

For details:
Globe Gcash American Express Virtual Payhttps://mygcash.globe.com.ph/gcashamex/