Kata smartphones are back with Kata M4s and Kata V5


Kata smartphones are back!! It doesn’t mean that they died or closed shop, what I meant is that the Kata smartphones are back in my blog! Hahaha. Its been a year already and they’ve touch base again with me to introduce and feature the latest Kata smartphone models for 2017.



If you remember, I started featuring Kata smartphones with their old models and my favorite ever model---the Kata M1 and then after the release of their Kata Boxes, they changed the structure of their company and focus on selling their products for the  USA market.

Im glad that they are back again (back to my blog) and I’ve missed a lot of Kata smartphone news since last year and I heard that they are upgrading their wares and also adding some new tech. Im not sure what new tech, but receiving this two review unit might give us a clue.

On photo, Left: Kata M4s, Right: Kata V5

The Kata M4s is not yet available, and what you see is an engineering unit for hands on test and review. I was informed that this new Kata is the first Kata smartphone to have a USB type C plug. Wow! I was expecting this for the other brands and it looks like that a lone and quiet Kata went ahead and left the ordinary micro USB system. That’s good news! There’s something new to talk about and Im sure this Kata M4s will not disappoint me.

Kata M4s is powered by an Octa core 1.5ghz and with 5.5 inches display, 18 AF rear camera, 8MP front camera and with 4350mah battery. 32 ROM, 3 GB RAM and with USB type C. Impressive new upgrade! I wonder when will they join the dual camera revolution on smartphones.

For the Kata V5, its one of the latest budget smartphones priced at PHP 3,299. According to their online store

The tech specs of Kata V5 is with a – 4.5 inches display, Android 5.1 Lollipop,  Quad core 1.3ghz processor, 8MP rear and 5MP front camera, 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM, and with 1800mAh battery.

I will unbox these soon, and post my first impression and also review here in my blog. Just stay tuned for more details about Kata smartphones.

Welcome back Kata!