The Dark knight pre release screening and my review


photos from http://movies.yahoo.com

I'll just blog about my comments and also reaction when we watched the pre release screening of the movie "The Dark Knight" in Rockwell Powerplant mall last night, and don't worry I won't post anything that will spoil you.. this entry is Spoiler free.

read it more below.


The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/437/500x500/1/dark-knight-pre-release-screening-in-rockwell-powerplant.JPG?et=hvEKPxlY2DKbOtkHzGiLLw&nmid=105867450” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Last monday I got an invite to a premiere screening of the movie in IMAX, but I decided not to go and go forward to attend a friend's birthday, I just experience something on being like the Batman in choosing which one will I attend or like which will I save hahhaha. But after rejecting the Imax screening, I just got a luck again from a friend that she said that theres another screening Powerplant mall, and I give it a yes and I travel all the way from Cavite and then visit our office in Caloocan and beat a 5pm meet up for my movie ticket in Ortigas City. After a tiring and wet moment ( it was raining hard) I got on time and got my ticket.

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/2/photos/437/500x500/2/dark-knight-pre-release-screening-in-rockwell-powerplant-1.JPG?et=4eKW2JTQApvtcYJRK5Yrtw&nmid=105867450” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Me and Lace went to Rockwell after her office hours and time of the movie will start at 7:30pm, we arrived in Powerplant at 6:00pm and then we stayed inside Coffee Bean and Tea Leaves just to refresh, have dinner and also refresh ourselves before the movie starts.


The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/2/photos/437/500x500/3/dark-knight-pre-release-screening-in-rockwell-powerplant-2.JPG?et=OcDXgdbS3vkdsnWEMntgZA&nmid=105867450” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Entering the cinema, we deposited all our cellphones and also gadgets, but I decided to deposit my bag, because it is full of mighty gadgets like cameras, ipods, mp3 recorder, usb, and laptops.
They have a policy that any electronic gadgets are not allowed in any of the pre release screening of the movie, and all people should deposit it, They have this people who wore shirts with a label "Anti-Camcording Task Force", they are people who monitor investigate and also monitor all movie watchers while inside the cinema, they are equipped with hi tech gadgets that can detect any electronic gadget inside the theater and also they have NIGHT VISION hand held gadget that helps to see and watch people even in the dark, so its like a Big Brother house inside the cinema hahahaha. But I'm glad that all movie goers are cooperative and we didn't encounter any problems in depositing our items.

Ok here's my comments and review about the movie.

the movie The Dark Knight is not your ordinary Batman flick, but its a darker side and serious movie that makes a big repackage of the story and for first timers and non comic book readers, you won't see any "wham" "bam" and "splork" effects in the movie. If you seen the first movie "Batman Begins" you'll know what I mean. But for this sequel movie, its a big different and a little disturbing, I learned more on each characters as they continue to develop each of them during the entire movie, which I heard on what's their origin by their dialogues, I won't mention who's who.

there's a big acting on Batman, and this time with lots of screen time and also dialogues, compare to the first movie, you'll enjoy him being a big bad ass and being an ordinary human and not your average super hero. The costume has a big change too, hmmm but I'm not impress on the looks of it, because if you see pictures in some press photos its nice to look at it, but when you see it on screen, you'll see the difference. Pointy nose, big head and yeah... it is a mask! perfect!!

Joker's acting is funny and also scary, whenever he mention "Why so serious" you'll be scared to see a psychopathic character, but while watching the movie.. I'm having a hard time looking at the Joker's character, because I can't even see any Heath Ledger in it. I mean... he is really the Joker! maybe because of the make up and the character he portrays, but in Batman I can tell that he is Christian Bale, so weird noh?

Harvey Dent is one of the most important character and by watching some mini episodes of the GCN, it looks like the viral movie takes place in between the movie. But during the half of the movie you'll see something scary on Harvey's character. hahaha everyone knows it already, but I won't spoil it for our non comic readers.

The Bat Pod is awesome, many audience got wow! during its cameo and how it works.. Batman looks great and a bad ass in Bat Pod, that's the Bat motorcyle for others who calls it.

The movie is around 3 hours or maybe 2 1/2 hours, I'm not really sure on the running time, because I know the movie started at 7:30pm and it ended at 10:30pm, but I'm not sure if it is a total of 3 hours, because we watched some 4 trailers before the movie started.

There's a lot of hype and heart pumping moments, the movie is action packed and has alot of drama, not your ordinary comic movie, director Chris Nolan should be directing the 3rd movie and this is the perfect movie for Batman as the Dark Knight. I'm now wondering what will be the next title, but if you read comics and already watch this movie, you might have a clue already for a possible story line, you'll find it out after the movie.

I enjoy watching it, and even as a fan boy who see this will cry inside the cinema, not that Heath Ledger moment, but on how the story goes and the connection of each of the characters to everyone, Its a little disturbing due to some graphic scenes, Joker is not the character you'll love but seeing him do a lot of nasty things will make you love him for his character, they did a perfect match to Batman, as for the brains and strategy similar to Batman. - as he said.. "Its all part of the plan".

Its like watching Star Wars : Empire Strikes Back, like someone losses and someone won the war. And really shows that Batman is the silent god and protector.....The Dark Knight.

After the movie, we waited for the memoriam message to Heath Ledger and to a stunt man who died in shooting the movie, everyone was waiting for it, and as it appeared, everyone stopped and after scrolling out of the screen, all of us stood up and exited the theater, didn't know that everyone is waiting for it.

great movie! but if you plan to watch it in IMAX, I suggest that you take the farthest seat because you'll get dizzy if you seated in front or in the middle, I just got a review experience from my friend who gave the ticket, that's why she watched it again last night.

that's my comments so far, can't write more about it, but I'm open to share some of it and I'll post later.

http://l.yimg.com/img.movies.yahoo.com/ymv/us/img/flickr/99/65/002613399965.jpg?x=660&y=660&sig=X34ig5kJXpXKOcdomHn_HQ--
photos from http://movies.yahoo.com

The Dark Knight
showing in all Philippine cinemas on July 17, 2008.

Post a Comment

4 Comments

i linked you up on my website. nice posts!
Boboy said…
lucky you! ill be seeing this tomorrow on regular cinema and hopefully next week on IMAX! the dark knight FTW!
@katipunero
thanks man!!!

@boboy
watch it...while the hype is hot!
Neri said…
i truly understand how you feel with joker because i too can't find ledger in him! he's so creepy and witty and freaky and frightening! i don't like him with knives but i love every moment that he's onscreen. what a feeling. whew! :D