Entertainment | Movies | Music/Concerts | For the Geeks | Food | Shopping | Travel | Fashion | Tech/Gadget | Social Media | Photography | Blogging | Videos |
Video Blog | Contest | Events | Coverage | Press Release |



WATCH MY DAILY VLOG HERE





This is my VLOG channel, pls watch and SUBSCRIBE https://www.youtube.com/user/azraelcoladilla/

Sunday, October 20, 2013

My defective Olympus digital Zuiko lenses (insert sad face here)

photo
I’m having the biggest problem for my camera and I encountered this for the very first time, the most horrifying incident is that when your lenses for your Olympus DSLR are no longer working properly.

In this post, I share my problems that I have with my Zuiko lens 14-42mm lens for my Olympus E-520 and my m.Zuiko 14-42 lens for my Olympus E-PL1.

Yes, both cameras are facing the same problems and I’m having a hard time in taking good photos for my blog. But I manage to adapt with the problem but its still got no convenience and the tech for the camera no longer works for me.

Okay here’s the problem

Zuiko lens 14-42mm of my Olympus E-520 suffered an aperture lock, I encountered this during a band coverage and after shooting some photos, my view finder suddenly turns black and the result of the photo is so dark. Then I checked the lens and it seems the aperture didn’t stayed normal and it stayed and lock to small aperture, my estimate is f/22.

I can still use my E-520 dslr camera with my 40-150mm, but the other lens is a bit useless, it works properly if ever I’m in slow shutter mode

Next problem, my m.Zuiko lens 14-42mm of my Olympus E-PL1, the AF feature is no longer working, the motor in the lens might be broken, I don’t know what’s the cause of the problem, maybe the lens started to give up because I use this as my main camera for travel and shoot in events, Normally, the lens’ motor have noisy sound when you do Auto Focus, When I tried the 14-42mm version 2 for m4/3 Olympus camera there’s no noise and it got a faster AF. This makes me think of buy a new prime lens with ver. 2 tech, and maybe a new 14-42mm ver.2

Since the AF is dead, I now switched to Manual when I take pics and video, but it took me some time to get the right focus with the E-PL1 whenever I shoot, because its hard to figure out the right focus when you are viewing it in a live view LCD screen.

Now I have two lens problems and I need to bring them to a reliable camera repair shop, Now, the question is.. where’s the repair shop? I want to bring this to an authorized Oly camera repair shop, but I hear lots of BAD feedback from their customers, one of the guy I know even took a year for him to get his camera back in shape after it was repaired from that store.

There’s a photo store here in a nearby mall that offers repair service, I will try them first if they can fix this lens problems.

To Oly users, have you encountered this before ?

The blogger

Azrael Coladilla is the blogger and founder of Azrael's Merryland Blog. This blog started as a personal blog in 2003, and then converted the blog into a lifeblog about his interest and reporting about pop culture, lifestyle, entertainment, technology, food, travel, toys, outdoor adventure, internet and social media. Awarded as the 2009 Most Influential Blogger for Luzon, Philippines, awarded by the Philippine Blog Awards. He is the founder of several online communities - Manila Bloggers Network, PBNetwork PH, Oh My Food! community, Cavite Bloggers, Travel and Blog Community, and Philippine ToyCon. He loves to travel, explore, discover, eat new food, document and record his life, meet new people, do photography and collects Transformers toys.
eXTReMe Tracker



Personal - Top Blogs Philippines Travel & Leisure - Top Blogs Philippines Food & Drink - Top Blogs Philippines Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines