Neil Gaiman in Manila day 2


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Neil stares at the baby named Una Bighain.

Neil Gaiman conquers the Greenhills Promenade. I arrived at 10:30am at the venue and I was surprised to see this new mall in Greenhills. The Promenade is a cinema theater with some stores and lots of restaurants. Fullybooked is newly opened, so Neil Gaiman did a first baptism to bring lots of people in the venue.

Everyone got crazy for that priority number. The numbers are limited and this is the only ticket to get in contact with the MAN!. Some of the people got mad coz they didnt reached the priority number. So its like a riot outside the venue. Im glad that there are volunteers to talk to them and inform them to cool down a little bit, but some of them are hot headed. Its hot and everyone is excited to see Neil.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ariel Atienza and Me with Nelz Yumul (Dave Mckean of the Philippines hahhaah) at the middle.
He won a honorable mention for his Death and Sandman art entry

I hang out with friends and we waited the signing at past 2pm. and Im happy that they made it to get a priority number, Gerry Alanguilan and his wife Ilyn made it to the 152 numbered stub, while Mark Cerbo got 156 numbered stub. and the others came late and hoping for a numbered stub.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
friendly fans who complain about the order of the event

And the long line has started..some of the people got pissed already and talking to me and thought that I'm the organizer. I told them that Im not and I was there only to help my friends to line. Even that I got my Id and shirt. They thank me for talking to them ,hear their complains and talked to them as a regular fan-reader of Gaiman and not a bouncer ahhah, and I'm happy when they thank me. I was like a blomming flower in the spring.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Gab, a merryland blog reader

also a guy recognize me and suddenly burst out in the middle of a conversation with a friend, and he told me that he reads me blog. ahaha.I was surprised to see that guy and told him that 'oh my Gard! who are you! and you read my blog..oh wow." and he introduces his name 'Gab', it was a launghing trip after and told him that I'l post his photo here hahahaha..thanks man for reading !! i hope the blog is helpful for your research.

Neil Gaiman was babbling the whole time while signing and everytime he talks it brings laughter and joy to the atmosphere of the venue. Girls got lots of hugs and kisses from Neil Gaiman, while others cried to see and meet the man!

While me.all I do is take some photos, do conversations with other fan and friends, and talk to them and let them feel comfortable while waiting for their turn. and then go back again to the venue and took photos near Neil..at the back of Neil and infront of Neil..

he noticed me when I used this camera phone with a loud clicking sounds. and then he looked at me and told me that the sound is so funny and everyone laugh. It was fun inside and sometimes he waves and give goodbye kiss to the fans who are waiting outside. Those who dont have a number can take a glimpse of Neil outside the glass door of Fullybooked.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Me and Neil at my back

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Me and I'm at Neil's back

A total of 500 numbered stubs and 50-100 no numbered where given a chance to sign their stuff. Too bad that after that Neil took a break and need to rest down for his Writer's Forum tomorrow (June 11 @ Music Museum)

I went home early at 4pm, coz my girlfriend Lace told me to go home early and he waited me while she watch UAAP. and then I got home, felt tired and complained of the hot weather. I'm glad that it didnt rain while ago.

Tomorrow will be his last day, and I know some people will camp outside Fullybooked Gateway to get those first come first serve numbered stubs.
well...goodluck to them!

"congratulations! you made it to the line to meet me" - Neil Gaiman

some funny talkies inside:
A fan let Neil sign his book and force him to write "Frodo lives!", then Neil said " Are you sure you want me to write this?", then the fan said yes and its ok, then Neil signed and wrote that and after that a long line down with astericks with a phrase " But Bilbo Baggins is a Fictional Character", after he wrote that, everyone laughs. hahhahaha.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Noli's custom made Sandman statue

also old time friend and award winning sculptor for action figure and statue- Noli, he brought his Sandman custom made sculpture and he want to sign it to Neil. but the funny part is when Neil saw it, he was surprise and got an interest on the statue. then he met Noli, he talk about the sculpture and Neil said "you know I like this! its great! I will wrapped this and ship this statue to me, can you sign this statue for me?", Noli signed and turn out that Neil thought that the statue is for him hahhaha. Noli was shocked and didnt know what to do coz he asked only for Neil's autograph, but its too late, Neil got the statue with Noli's signature ahhahha...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Super Hero Marc Cerbo sacrifices his book autograph for this young girl Robin, he just volunteered to carry and sign Robin's book, coz she dont have a number pass.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
look at that smile of Gerry Alanguilan, any minute he can meet Neil

well the others have lots of stories but I like to hear Gerry's meet up with Neil. coz two comic superstars meet each other.

I'll upload photos soon. I'll wait for Ariel, Nelz, Mark's photo to upload.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My Writer's Forum invitation card with Neil Gaiman's signature

Post a Comment

4 Comments

Ed said…
Damn...I wish I had money...grr. Inggit ako!
Anonymous said…
Thanks for sharing your pics of the Neil Gaiman Philippines Book Tour.
Anonymous said…
Bat ka naiingit Ed? Di naman kelangan ng pera pumila a? Ala naman kelangan bilhin o bayaran. Kahit lumang comics na nakuha sa sale na gawa nya pwede na. Kahit ano, kahit papel lang.
Ed said…
Hehehe. No, wala kasi akong pamasahe papunta dun. Tapos matatagalan pa, at magugutom ako, walang pambili ng food. Buti kung meron manlilibre sa 'kin.

Sana nag-volunteer na lang ako!

Cheers!

-ed