Live test on the Facebook profile timeline

Azrael Coladilla (1)_1316804944104
Facebook announced earlier on the new updates of their profile UI and I just discovered this after sipping a hot coffee after waking up, I saw the post on Plurk via Joriben and I visited the introduction page of the new Facebook Timeline, I didn't get the idea on the new upgrade after reading and checking out those screen shots, but after I watched the introduction video, I finally get the idea and Facebook is teaching us on how we can tell a story and write our own history via their Facebook Timeline which is soon be use in all Facebook profiles in a few weeks or maybe months. (MORE STORY BELOW)


I jumped to my Facebook wall and then got a time reading some updates on my Facebook news feed and saw some people are trying already the new Facebook profile timeline and they enabled the beta version of the Facebook timeline using some tips posted at TechCrunch. I saw some preview pages of some of my Facebook friends posted as a screen shot photo in their wall, But this new profile timeline is viewable only if you agree and SIGN UP for the Facebook Timeline update, you can activate it by visiting the introduction page at https://www.facebook.com/about/timeline, after some minutes you can now view those new updated Facebook profile timeline of your friends.

I got excited and want to try the new profile timeline, but I'm very scared at first because it might damage the look of my profile page, but I saw that it was a successful test to some people and never heard any complains from them , so I decided to set up my own Facebook profile timeline and followed the instructions posted online. I have two FB friends who posted their tips and using the tips posted by TechCrunch.

Mark Monta
http://www.bugits.com/2011/09/facebook-timeline-how-to-enable-and.html

and Techsterr
http://www.techsterr.com/2011/09/tutorial-how-to-enable-facebook-timeline-feature/

I used Mark Monta's tips in upgrading my FB profile timeline

After doing those instructions to my Facebook, I waited for some minutes for that Timeline activation box in my Facebook main page, after around 15 minutes, I click and enabled the beta version of the Timeline, and it directed me to my profile page now upgraded to the timeline version.

It is easy to set it up.

Now I'm having my own FB profile timeline page, it will be used as my ONLINE BUSINESS CARD, hehehe I just got the idea from the old profile photo and this time I'm going to take the advantage of the big COVER PHOTO, that's the thing they call on the photo posted above that can reflect and represent on who you are and what you do. I decided to post a photo with some details about myself and what's the nature of my hobby and work, I also included my email address and when you look at the cover photo, it looks like a business card.

Before you try the timeline you need to understand first on where will be your content be placed on the page.
1. Left side is your recent status updates or post
2. Right side are from your friend's tag or mention
3. Right side sometimes place your old updates or post
4. Below are your old updates and FB activity, they are now listed via month and year
5. Far below are your activity and social apps box, they all show your activity online
6. On the upper right side are your Timeline via Year, choose a year and the page will bring you to the oldest post you have
7. If you click BORN, you have the option if you want to post your baby photo
8. There are some links posted below your COVER PHOTO,they are Friends - a link and thumbnail preview photo of the friends you added, Photos - photo album, Map - if you have used the Facebook Place you'll see the map of our country and the place where you checked in, my recent was in Baguio City, Likes- list of pages you have LIKED, Update Info - a button for profile edit and update, and finally the View Activity - here you can see a notification if someone tags you or mentioned you, its up to you if you want to accept or ignore the tag and add it to your profile

It took me some minutes to understand and I decided to activated it just to familiarize myself in an early stage, because this will be the default look in the next coming weeks or months to Facebook, it will be hard for me to catch up if ever the new profile timeline roll out in all FB users.

This set up will be good for business and company who have their own FB account, they can use their own FB profile account as their website or channel. I'm not sure if this will affect also the FB fan pages, but I know there will be a set up on how they will roll out these new upgrades in all FB fan pages.

Now I'm thinking that after a year, Facebook might replace those websites and blogs.

what do you think ?

I guess I have to subscribe to Facebook Blog just to catch up on some new updates and upgrades from Facebook. https://blog.facebook.com/blog.php?post=10150289612087131