Lumot lake is the 2nd man made lake here in Cavinti, Laguna. The lake was created as a water reservoir for the Lumot dam and the hydroelectric powerplant at Caliraya lake. The lake is connected to Lumot river, and it’s the source of water of the lake. Lumot lake is a popular watersport and fishing competition spot. Every year the LGU team organizes the watersports tournament and also bass fishing contest. The lake is rich with fresh water fish such as tilapia and large mouth bass fish.
The Lumot lake is wide and deep just like the Caliraya lake. This Feb 8-14, 2015, the 2nd Cavinti Watersports competition and international competition will be held here in Lumot lake.
We went here to check the lake and have some photo op, everyone are welcome to do fishing here, just bring your own gear and also your boat. The only resort that resides near Lumot lake is the Porta Verde resort, you can stay an overnight there and do water sports activity at Lumot lake.
Here I spotted a Korean fisherman and other side of the lake, I spotted some locals doing their fishing. I think they are practicing for the upcoming bass fishing contest.
I can tell that he is a foreigner because his fishing gear is a bit modern and high tech
View of Lumot Lake
I asked Herald if I can do kayaking here, he said that its open and everyone can play with the lake. You can park your car nearby and do your fishing or kayaking here at Lumot lake.
Group selfie muna.. Sayang! sana meron na ko quadcopter drone for an aerial shot. But I’m wishing that I can get my own drone before the watersports event this Feb.
Here’s Athena, Clarissa and Martin in senti moment hahhah
Our jeep will roll again around Cavinti, Laguna
watch out for my part 10 of our eco adventure tour
ABOUT CAVINTI ECO ADVENTUR TOUR
The #CavEAT: Cavinti Eco-Adventure Tour is a Tourism Advocacy Campaign to help generate online buzz for the upcoming Cavinti Water Sports Olympics: 1st International Competition happening on February 8-14, 2015.
2015 Cavinti Water Sports Olympics: 1st International Competition
watch the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWEVHpaEylU
The #CavEAT: Cavinti Eco-Adventure Tour is organized by Herald C. Bebis for the Municipality of Cavinti headed by Hon. Mayor Milbert Oliveros. The event is fully supported by the Cavinti Municipal Tourism Office, DigitalFilipino, Pelikula Padayon, Caliraya Lake Mountain Resort, Camarin Resort and Lago Fishing Village.
HOW TO GET THERE IN CAVINTI, LAGUNA
1. Ride Sta. Cruz, Laguna bound DLTB Bus in Buendia Terminal, located below Gil Puyat LRT
2. Bus fare to Sta. Cruz, Laguna is PHP 140 (air con bus)
3. Drop off at DLTB Sta. Cruz terminal
4. Ride a a tricycle or jeep going to Sta. Cruz Market
5. At the market, look for the jeepney that will take you to Cavinti, Laguna
6. If you will go straight to Caliraya Lake, ride the Lumban-Cavinti Jeep
7. If you will go straight to Cavinti town proper, then ride the Pagsanjan-Cavinti jeep (this jeep will take you to Bumbungan resort, and also the Cavinti Municipal Tourism Office)
8. If you will go back to Manila, just go back to Sta. Cruz bus terminals, DLTB bus last trip to Manila is around 7:45pm
9. Other option: You can also ride a Lucban jeep in Sta. Cruz, you can drop off at Cavinti junction and just ride a tricycle going to Bumbungan Eco Park or to town proper
TOUR ORGANIZERHerald C. Bebis