No heaven this Saturday

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
In Morayta, infront of FEU, at my back is a rally and some anti riot police

I just finished my prelim exam, and it was a relaxing day for me after taking it, So what I did to reward myself for the headache of the exam, I treated my self and went out shopping!

I was supposed to eat that time when I got the idea to buy some magazines and some comics. I went to the nearest mall, near to my school, and then directly went to Filbar's.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I just grabbed a new magazine called "PUMP" its a semi-clone of the FHM Magazine, but the full content of this is local and originally titled magazine for all pinoy men and women, unlik FHM still carries a franchise somewhere. Publisher and Editor in Chief - Eric Ramos, really did a good jon making a new sporty-adulty magazine,after quitting his job in FHM sometime last year.

The Magazine is good! and I like the articles, photos and check this out!
they have pages of COMICS !!!!!!!


Title is Galatea by:Dwight Gaston, composed lots of photo manipulation that it turns into a comic.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Also here's my new haul, I jus saw this Star Wars Episode I Visual Dictionary and Cross Section, I was looking for some magazine then I noticed this book, I grabbed it and look at it, and check out the price tag!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
yup! you've seen it here. I didn't know that Filbar's sells this stuff in low prices, I asked the salesperson there if it is damage, they say that it is not and it is still brandnew and unopened, After that I found myself looking at my wallet and then..

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This..stuff went inside my bag and comes with me at home.eheheh
what a jackpot!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
here's its location, Filbar's Ever Mall, Morayta
finders keepers!

Cast me up!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Last wednesday we went to Nautilus Comics office to do an interview with Editor in Chief of CAST comics, Elbert Or and their publisher Jaime Bautista, this interview stuff is for Lace school paper. The interview was a great one, combining two types of answers the business and the creative side of comics. Elbert and Jaime shared us how CAST began as an independent comics and now it still survives marking its 6th issue on the coming months. They have encountered lots of problems but still they continue to fight and contribute in the artistic side. Jaime got lots of cool ideas while Elbert supports Jaime on his upcoming working strategy to make CAST a good reading material.

they have lots of plans coming..as for now they are helping other indie artist in publishing, Nautilus Comics is coming like indie comic company, with lots of branches and as I can see in the future the carrying title will turn into a one big brand.

they are also looking for penciler and colorist for CAST the artist will do pages and will start on issue 8. so if you're interested you can contact me here so that I can forward your message to them.

Also they are looking for an artist who can draw western style characters. the project is for a sports illustrated book, it will be a 3 month contract and will work in their office. Elbert and Jaime said that we should lift up more on this part so that people can't have any misconceptions about comics.

so that's for now! I'll be attending Lace's Focus Discussion Group on comic readers for kids. and later on i'll be working on some transcription job.

see you all soon!!

Gaiman banner

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I'll put this banner up soon on top of the blog body.so that you can advance to the event coverage of his visit.

my Neil Gaiman thread is already been going below my view screen.
if you can't see my coverage of Neil Gaiman in Manila, you can click on the 7/01/2005 link on my blog archive.

I'll work on that link soon!

Post a Comment

4 Comments

Good for PUMP! Kahit pakonti konti padagdag at padagdag ang paglaki muli ng industry ng comics sa Pilipinas! :) Pakiplug naman Humanis Rex ko sa Fudge! he.he.
ya gerry,
i was supposed to make an entry about comics sa mga magazine..hehee

post ko din sya..pag uwi ko
coz im going to read Humanis Rex yung 3 parts sa fudge

may one set of fudge magzine kasi ako nahiraman
Karlo said…
hey Az, remember me? Ako yung ka-banda ni Lionel sa CLONE. Ayus site mo. Di kita nakita sa Gaiman. Salamat sa pagbili mo sa PUMP. Contributing Editor ako dun at pangako namin sa mga readers ay pagandahin ng pagandahin yung magasin na yun.

I'll have a short Gaiman article there sa September issue. Heheheh.
astig!!! taga PUMP ka pala.ehhe..ayus..may insider na din ako sa PUMP hehhe...

ya pls do..pagandahin nyo pa

if you need cartoonist or artist...madami ako hawak na mga friends who like to contribute sa PUMP!

cant wait for the next issue.