Non-stop bayanihan after Typhoon Ondoy


Kapamilya Zanjoe Marudo and Shaina Magdayao, originally uploaded by LopezLink

Typhoon Ondoy hit the Philippines 2 weeks ago and many are affected by the flood that left many pinoys homeless and made life more uneasy to recover. Its big effect is like we’re having our own recession here, but I’m glad that there are some association, companies and large groups who were there to help us and manage to contribute great effort to build lives again to all flood victims. During the flash flood event, I am very helpless here at home and become so stressed out in hearing news and updates about the typhoon and the flash flood. All roads and highways are blocked off due to heavy traffic and the flood. I didn’t expected that our home in Santolan, Pasig will be affected by the flood, I just heard the news from my sister who is trying to reach me via a phone, and I was sleeping that time and trying to recover from a big stress, then received a txt message from my cousin and told me to contact her via our land line, there I discovered that the flood invaded the house already and in knee deep water. I can’t do anything but give advice to my sister and prepare ourselves if ever the flood becomes waist deep. I just prayed that the water will subside and never go higher. But I’m stuck here in Cavite and completely unstable to help, even if I can travel to Pasig I will have to cross bravely a chest deep water going there. All I did is pray and hope everything is okay.


Kris Aquino, Fr Tito Caluag, Tina Monzon-Palma and Piolo Pascual, originally uploaded by LopezLink


Watching TV and listening to the radio is the best we can do, I got updated immediately and saw that ABS CBN Sagip Kapamilya acted so fast and blocking all air programs just to deliver news and update to us, and even started a donation drive and a live TV telethon and panawagan for donation and to help the flood victims, I’m really happy that they are proactive in this situation and even more helpful than our local government. Other tv shows, companies, independent groups, and organizations followed the same act, and this shows a good example of bayanihan to help one another. Let’s continue to help and don’t stop in being proactive when in comes to helping the entire nation. Tama nga yung sinabi ng iba na, kapwa Pinoy ang tutulong sa kapwa Pinoy. And this applies not only to the typhoon but to other non-act of God situation.

If you want to join the cause or be updated on what's happening around, I like to invite you to join Facebook page of LopezLink

They have a forum online now,and if you want to post any concerns or issues feel free to post at Lopez Link Forum