Crumpler's Limpet, Noose and Carrot - traveler and photographer's accessories (feature and review)

CRT001_B_P_Y00000_20110628_0028_DxO NOS001-B00000_img01_nrm LIM001_O00000_20110829_1828_DxO-1
We have a new feature today here in my blog and these are cool accessories for camera lovers and travelers. These are new accessories from Crumpler, a brand that specializes on camera strap and bag accessories, and also travel gear add ons. Three Crumpler accessories - The Carrot, The Noose and The Limpet are very handy and useful add ons for your camera and bags, check out our hands on test and preview of the three Crumpler. These are available in our Crumpler stores here in Manila. (SM Megamall and other two branches)

The Carrot

Pencil cases and small pouch are starting to be obsolete in this generation and for us guys, we can't find a good case that matches our taste, because most of the pencil case like item is all decorated with flowers or cartoon character. The Carrot is the new reincarnated pencil case, but this time with a new facial look.... it looks like a carrot.

I use The Carrot in storing all my memory cards and other small things for my camera, its slim body compresses my items inside and it fits inside my bag and Its easy for me to look for my small items stored in this Carrot case.

P4308609
The outer shell of The Carrott and its lining are made of water resistant materials. No more worries in my end if ever I kept a cold mineral water inside my bag. The Carrott is created in a single material, means that no stitches or stapler to build a whole case. You can stress the Carrott to its storage limit and you will never get a torn body from it, the only thing that can remind you is that the case can fit everything, so keep your things in an order fashion.

P4308614
Just showing you the Crumpler tag

P4308615
It really looks like a carrot, I wonder if they will make an onion pencil case.

P4308617
The Carrot is priced at P950

P4308624
Here are my items, on pic are my memory cards with case, internet stick, my camera lens mount cover, and a LED light holder. I tried inserting some more but the Carrot has its limit and its hard already to zip it close.

P4308629
Organize your items inside The Carrot, so that everything can fit inside

P4308631
I love the idea of including a key ring here in the Carrot case, you can add a key chain or a piece of strip so that you can just pull the string from your bag in order to find the Carrot case.

P4308637
I also got an idea that I can use this as my wallet


The Noose
Here's a camera accessories for you, The Noose is a camera wrist strap by Crumpler. The Noose helps you to lock your camera to your hand, this is a good strap if you got tired already of using your camera neck wrap.

The Noose is made of ultra strong polypropylene webbing and neoprene for the soft mold to the wrist strap. It wraps to your wrist, prevents you from using your neck strap, and then with the use of this Noose, you can go guerilla photo shoot, because neck strap can attract many people because the camera straps to your neck. With the use of this Noose, you can be an invisible photographer on the streets.

P4308639
I use the Noose here in my old Olympus SP500UZ camera, I insert the Noose strap to the other side, because the other side of the strap ring is broken. But I'm glad that there's a Noose that helps me from securing my camera by a one strap directly to my hand.

P4308641
Here's a close up look

P4308643
There's a hidden button lock under that red Crumpler logo, all you need to do is open it and you'll see that there's a hidden pocket where you can keep your extra SD card.

P4308645
Button with Crumpler logo

P4308649
And here's what it looks like when you strap it to your wrist. The Noose is best to use in a smaller camera, its okay to use it with a DSLR camera, but its a little bit heavy to carry by hand. This is a good strap for point and shoot camera and ultra zoom cameras.

The Limpet
The Limpet is a bag tag from Crumpler. It is not an ordinary bag tag that you know, this Limpet is bullet proof made of polyurethane, polypropylene webbing and ripstop nylon ensures. It has a colorful weave design and a Crumpler logo that gives its own identity that you are a traveler or a photographer. The Limpet hangs on to any kind of bags or luggage and its hard to tamper it because the bag tag is not look like your ordinary bag tag.

The only problem is that, if your bag got lost and someone found it, they will have a hard time to figure out that the Limpet has a label inside with details of the bag owner.

P4308652
Here's how I use the Limpet, It hangs on my camera bag, but sometimes I transfer this to my big bag, back pack or luggage whenever I travel. The design is a marker for me whenever my bag rides on that conveyor inside the airport.

P4308654
a close up look of the Limpet

P4308656
Here's the back of the Limpet

P4308657
At the back, just push the back body downwards and you'll see the bag tag label inside it.

P4308660
its hard to tamper this, because the Limpet is connected to your bag and tampering the label is so hard if your Limpet is recognized as a bag tag.

REVIEW:
I love Crumpler!! because they got the accessories for travelers and photographers with a unique style and use. The Carrot, Limpet and Noose are very helpful to me, and also I own that long camera neck strap that has locks and Crumpler calls it as "The Convenient Disgrace" camera neck strap. The only problem is that I attached the Noose to my camera and saw that I inserted it in a wrong way, there's no manual here so you better research or look on the drawing on the label tag to understand on how you should use it. Crumpler never fails me because all their products are well crafted to fit for the right user and market.

here are the price list

Limpet - Php 750
Noose - Php 850
Carrot - Php 950

** Available in local Crumpler stores in Manila only