Food for the Kung Fu Masters at Kung Fu Kitchen: Feast of Fury restaurant in SM City Manila


P8293215
It’s a new foodie discovery for us to try the Chinese cuisine at Kung Fu Kitchen, located at the 4th level of SM City Manila. My visit here is in the right timing, because it was the 3 day sale event of SM City Manila and we are here for the 1st day to shop with my wife and we decided to try those new restaurants booming in SM City Manila, there’s also a new resto called Tokyo Grill, but we didn’t tried it because our tummies are so full and we let it go and promised to go back again. This is the 1st and only branch of Kung Fu Kitchen, and I heard that they might put up more branches around Manila, so watch out for it.

you may visit their Facebook page for updates - http://www.facebook.com/kungfukitchen888

P8293165
They style of Kung Fu Kitchen is very unique, I like their interiors and design, and if you are a Kung fu movie fanatic or Bruce Lee fan, I’m sure that you will love to eat here because the template and everything around the restaurant are based on a Chinese scene of a kung fu movie.

P8293169
When you enter the restaurant you’ll see a movie poster of Bruce Lee’s Game of death movie

P8293170
And beside it is a real life size terracotta warrior statue, its solid rock and I’m sure this is just a replica

P8293171
Inside the restaurant, you will fee that you are in China, the walls are plastered with actors and kung fu legend stars

P8293172
A see through kitchen will let you watch your kung fu master chefs preparing your ordered food.
Its clean and quiet inside Kung Fu Kitchen: Feast of Fury restaurant.

P8293175
The concept is cute and fun to see around the restaurant, the interiors serves as an attraction to customers and also give a nice vision of what a kung fu master can do during break time.
P8293239
At the end of the restaurant, they have this light up set up, it’s a house with windows and light.

P8293244
And here’s a cute light reflector hanging above the ceiling, it’s a cooking pan converted into a light shade.
I call it the Kawali light.


P8293178
After we ordered our food (thanks to Ms. Ida and Ashley of Kung Fu Kitchen for accommodating our food adventure and blog feature), they gave us a complimentary Dragon Hot Red Tea, its an unlimited tea drink for dining customers, the glass is so cute and I want to take home with me.

P8293179
The Kung Fu Kitchen menu, so weird that I’m looking at a Karate Kid and not a Kung Fu Warrior, btw the restaurant is the one responsible who brought to you awesome restos like Sumo Sam, Komrad, Kurosawa and many more.

P8293180
Ah there you go!!! Bruce Lee in Action in the pages of the menu

P8293181
My wife got surprised when she saw how affordable the price of their food. The trend here is that new restaurants like Kung Fu Kitchen, offers a on-the-budget price of their food, meaning, the price is low but the taste and serving is like from a fine dining restaurant.

P8293182
another look of their menu

P8293183
On the final page, you’ll see their milk tea selections. – a must try drink

P8293198
Quail Egg Siomai (P55)
- Our 1st food on the table, Its my first time to eat a different version of siomai with quail eggs on top of it, there’s also a spicy soup oozing from the siomai, best serve when its hot.


P8293208
Wintermelon milk tea (P85)
- One of the best seller as they say to other milk tea houses, but this version is much sweet and milky

P8293209
Mango Yohgurt milk tea (P85)
- It’s the yummiest and super winner milk tea in town, I saw my wife’s face with lots of stars when she tried it, I did some taste test and its too sweet for me,  I’m weird because I’m not a fan of mangoes in my age.

P8293210
I think the kung fu master chef tried to test us and they serve us this kung fu master’s food! omg!
I need some drunken master fighting stance when I eat this.

P8293217
Kung Pao Rice (P148)
- a rice with a spice twist with peanuts and chilis. Not too chili but the rice is a little bit heavy and sticky, I like their Kung Pao Rice and this will be my most recommended rice to order.

P8293218
Sausage Rice (P154)
- A lighter version of the Kung Pao Rice, but less chili and non sticky. There’s a spicey sausage included in the rice that are cut into small bits

P8293219
Sauted Kenya Bean with minced pork and tofu strips (P155)
- I’ve tasted this before in Komrad (yes,they share the same cooking style and part of the menu), the Kenya beans are rare and its my 1st time to taste it and how different it is from our local beans veggie. Looks chili, but its just a spicey and salty flavor.

P8293220
Szehuan eggplant with minced pork (P135)
- I’m not a fan of an eggplant, but I love to eat them if they are cooked in a tasty way, with this cooking version from Kung Fu Kitchen, the minced pork and breaded eggplant became a perfect match with a spicey Szechuan sauce. A must try and most recommended food to try.

P8293221
Garlic Spare Ribs (P165)
- I enjoyed the garlic bits, but the spare ribs is so heavy and it left me full in minutes. The spare ribs are a perfect match for your sticky Kung Pao Rice.

P8293231
Piggy Pao (P58)
- At 1st, I told them why is that their siopao looks weird. Then Ashley, manager of the resto told me that it’s a Piggy Pao, It’s a bola bola siopao with decorated style of a face of a pig. When I saw this, It reminded me of Super Boink.

P8293236
Steamed brown rice (P55)
- For only P55, you can enjoy this eat and run meal, it’s a steamed rice with toppings of braised sauce, veggies and pork. Its one of the most ordered food for students here in SM Manila. If ever I will eat again, I will order this together with a yummy Szechuan eggplant
IMG_1322
Ok time to eat!!! It’s the Feast of Fury
IMG_1323
here’s a blurry photo of me and my wife Lace, kung fu food monsters hiyaa!!!!
IMG_1332
Thanks to Ashley for guiding us about the food and also accommodating us and the rest of the bloggers

P8293068
5 floors of shopping haven in SM City Manila, but today, the mall is transforming to a fashion and food hub in the heart of Manila. If you will be in town, make sure you drop by to Kung Fu Kitchen. I hope next time they should have a costume contest – people come in with their Kung Fu get up gets a free Brown Rice……if ever they defeat the kung fu master in a finger wrestling match heeheh.

Thanks and happy eating!

For more food and resto features and also review, visit my Food category blog at http://azraelsmerryland.blogspot.com/search/label/food