Manila Hotel now serves Halal food with certification from Muslim Mindanao Halal Certification Board, Incorporated

P8293013
I’m not familiar with the taste and how the halal food is being prepared and serve, and this is my first time to eat halal food in a buffet style serving at the Café Ilang-Ilang of  Manila Hotel, and I didn’t expected that all my favorite food are prepared and cooked in a halal way. The big news here is that they got a Halal certification from the Muslim Mindanao Halal Certification Board, Incorporated (MMHCB, Inc.) last August 1, 2012.  And starting September 2012, they will offer halal certified food in the buffet of Café Ilang-Ilang and also to room service menu. Manila Hotel can now offer halal food and meals to  Muslim and Middle Eastern guests, this is the 1st hotel and commercial dining in the Philippines to receive a halal certification.

I learned some info from Chef Hanna Usman (photo above), who is the supervising chef for Manila Hotel’s halal kitchen and stand beside Manila Hotel’s Indian Head Chef Kiran Singh, they are the one incharge of making sure that all products prepared are halal. Manila Hotel prepares a new section of kitchen that is exclusively for cooking halal food.

The taste of halal is very special for me, I discovered that eating halal food is healthy, because animals are also taken care of and slaughtered properly  and unlike those in a poultry or farm which is very unlawful to our Muslim friends to eat it, the preparation is different and it’s a must for a Muslim person to follow these guidelines based on Qur'an.

It’s a special food adventure for me to try halal food and it was my best meal ever! I can’t believed that I already forgot my diet and finish my food with 3 plates on the table. All meaty and tasty halal food, I just can’t let go my favorite – kambing caldereta, lamb roganjosh and beef rendang.

If you are curious on halal food, I super recommend that you try the halal food buffet in Café Ilang-Ilang in Manila Hotel, you can also try their other cuisine, they have a wide selection of food.

For inquiries, please call 527 0011 local 1260 to 62 or visit www.manila-hotel.com.ph.

Cafe Ilang Ilang - Buffet Price

Breakfast - Php 1,200 ++

Lunch - Mon to Sat - Php 1,800 net

Sunday Brunch - Php 2,000 net

Dinner - Sat to Wed - Php 2,100 net

Steak Night Thursday - Php 2,500 net

Children age four and below eat for free.



P8292957
Presenting the Manila Hotel’s Halal Kitchen and Menu, this is now offered forever and it will be available everyday in Manila Hotel.

P8292973
The Halal Certificate, this will prove that the halal food are authentic

P8292958
My quick view of the buffet area at the halal section of Café Ilang-Ilang, the hala food are located at the far right corner of the restaurant.

P8292960
You can spot the mosque mini building at the halal buffet area, I think the set up is made of sand sculpted into a mini mosque.

P8292964
Chicken Biriyani rice
- best rice for your halal food, the rice contains some chucks of chicken meat, you can get the rice only.

|P8292966
Roganjosh lamb
- my favorite halal food (and also Indian food), very tasty and I love any food with tomato sauce on it, when I eat this, I feel like that I’m in heaven.
P8292968
Fried Prawn

P8292976
Samosa


P8292980
Kambing Caldereta
- another favorite that I can eat it forever

P8292982
Beef Rendang
- I also love this, not that spicy, but you can tell the exoticness of the spice flavor – tomatoey salty sweet feeling in your taste buds. I super love the sauces.

P8292984
Chicken Pastil

P8292985
Here’s the other side of the halal food buffet

P8292986
Vegetable Cutlet
- I also like this veggie cutlet, it’s a veggie patty that was deep fried, crunchy and softy in inside

Plain Basmati Rice
- also known as long rice, I didn’t eat this because it will be heavy inside my stomach

P8292989
Mixed Vegetable Curry
- I love the taste and concept of this curry veggies, I can try it at home, with a simple veggie cuts and curry sauce, a must try too here in Café Ilang Ilang

Paneer Butter Masala
- Its an Indian cottage cheese in tomato sauce  with buttery creamy taste.

P8292993
King Kebab
- hmm its like your ordinary kebab but the meat is different, I’m expecting a roast beef, but looks like the beef is grinded and filled in a long sausage like bread and cut it into pieces after baking.

P8292994
Fish Metti Curry
- fish in curry sauce, very tasty and spicy taste (not chili ha)


P8293006
and here are from their salad section


P8292996
Shrimp Salad


P8292998
Mixed Veggies


P8293000
Taboulle

P8293002
Vine leaves

P8293007
All salad veggies are best served with Babaghanuj and also Humus

P8293009
My wife pours some salad vinegar oil to her veggies

P8293010
Olives

P8293014
Another look of the halal kitchen and menu of Manila Hotel

P8293015
The certificate

P8293019
Okay, so I roamed around the Café Ilang Ilang, I got informed that we can cross over to some of the cuisine, but that day I dedicated myself only to halal food. Its my first time here in Café Ilang Ilang and I ‘ amazed on the set up of their buffet and also cozy ambiance.

P8293021
Dessert area are so lovely. I’m going back here next week.

P8293022
more sweets and chill food

P8293023
cakes and pastries

P8293024
Another way to the other buffet area

P8293025
Italian style is here

P8293026
Yup, this is  a cheese

P8293028
Pizza mania is non stop

P8293029
customized pizza for you

P8293031
Leaning tower of Pisa is made of pasta

P8293032
Let the sunshine in, this section of Café Ilang Ilang is for people who love to eat with natural light, and also a good spot for food photography

P8293034
The chef that can assist you for your Italian food needs

P8293036
Café Ilang Ilang dining area

P8293040
sofe style chair for guests, perfect for young and old people


P8293043
my first plate for lunch

P8293044
my lovely wife with sparkling eyes…because its lunch time hahhah

P8293045
my 2nd plate, with all meat and sauces

P8293053
President and Director of Manila Hotel – Mr. Joey Lina

P8293056
A rep. from Muslim Mindanao Halal Certification Board, Incorporated (MMHCB, Inc.) speaks about the halal food for Muslims and non-Muslims.
6
Manila Hotel Indian Head Chef Kiran Singh
8
Manila Hotel gets Halal Certification from the Muslim Mindanao Halal Certification Board, Inc. (MMHCBI) In photo:Manila Hotel F&B Manager Anthony Panganiban, Manila Hotel Human Resources Director Aurora Caday, Manila Hotel Resident Manager Raniel Vicarez, Manila Hotel Senior Vice President Georgina Banaag, Manila Hotel President Atty. Joey Lina, MMHCBI Chairman and Mufti of the Assembly of the Darul Ifta of the Philippines Sheikh Abdul Wahid Inju, Manila Hotel Executive Chef Konrad Walter, and MMHCBI Exec. Director Mariam Pasigan Daud, Chef Nazruel Sekh, Chef Hanna Usman
7
Manila Hotel gets Halal Certification from the Muslim Mindanao Halal Certification Board, Inc. (MMHCBI) In photo: MMHCBI Exec. Director Mariam Pasigan Daud, Chef Nazruel Sekh, Chef Hanna Usman, MH Indian Head Chef Kiran Singh, MH Executive Chef Konrad Walter, MMHCBI Chairman and Mufti of the Assembly of the Darul Ifta of the Philippines Sheikh Abdul Wahid Inju and MH President Atty. Joey Lina

P8293062
After the launching event I went back to the halal buffet and grab my 3rd plate

IMG_1264
Round table talk with the head chef

IMG_1224
The Café Ilang Ilang

IMG_1242
my Wife’s salad plate

IMG_1243
4th plate hahaha


IMG_1248
Me and Lace – yup, the food monsters are back again

IMG_1266
Self portrait time, this photo didn’t make it in my Instagram

IMG_1267
The vintage feeling of Manila Hotel lobby

IMG_1271
Me and Lace infront of the giant café of Manila Hotel’s 100th anniversary