Takoyaki Sensei - the best takoyaki is found here in Bacoor, Cavite



I didn't know that the best takoyaki store is located here in Bacoor, Cavite. I just learned about it few weeks ago when a friend told me to visit it and try their original style takoyaki.

Takoyaki Sensei is located outside SM Bacoor, they have a street stand along with the other street food center near the Bacoor street food belt. In Japan, takoyaki is one of the best selling street food, and followed by okonomiyaki and ramen.

They have a series of branches now and one of the most popular is here near SM Bacoor. The best promotion that they have is that they invite everyone to try their EAT ALL YOU CAN Takoyaki balls from 3pm-6pm for only PHP 99 for the regular takoyaki balls and around PHP200+ for the special takoyaki balls.



Takoyaki Sensei offers two kinds of takoyaki balls
1. Regular - a basic takoyaki balls
2. Special - a heavy load takoyaki balls filled with big octopus tentacles

You can order the regular takoyaki for a price of PHP 25 for 3pcs, PHP 30 for 4 pcs and get the 1 box of 9pcs for only PHP 60. You can also add some Japanese Kewpie mayo and bonito flakes for only PHP 5 each




Here's my order of a 1 box of 9pcs of Takoyaki special, its a special kind of takoyaki filled with octopus tentacles, 1 box is priced at PHP120.

For 4pcs, you can order it for only PHP 55.

The Takoyaki Specials also filled with pickled ginger, nori and double toppings of Kewpie and flakes. Because of the add on flavors, their takoyaki balls taste much more good and better, which make it their own takoyaki balls identity. A flavor that I haven't tasted before in a regular takoyaki balls available inside the malls and Japanese restaurants.



Takoyaki Sensie street food stand.
I love the ambiance here, they converted this street food alley into a dining center. You can sit infront and then wait for the staff to prepare your takoyaki balls.



The store is jam packed with lots of takoyaki fans. I suggest you go there before 5pm if you want to get a seat. At around 6pm, the entire alley is filled with customers waiting for their takoyaki balls.


Below are the menu of Takoyaki Sensei.









I remember in the past that I super crave for a plate of Okonomiyaki. I travel to Little Tokyo in Makati just to eat a plate of it.

And now, I can just cross a street and get an Okonomiyaki anytime. Thank you Takoyaki Sensei for bringing this in our street.




Takoyaki now cooking in a takoyaki heated mold



Takoyaki balls now ready for serving




This is a different kind of Okonomiyaki, there's noodles on it.
The version I tried before is the Osaka style, I think this version is from Hiroshima

A kind of okonomiyaki with yakisoba.

Hmm. looks yummy! I will try this next time.



Oh that spatula...reminds me of my anime crush Ukyo Kuonji from the Ranma 1/2 series

Related image

I've learned about the existence of Okonomiyaki when I first saw an episode of Ranma back in the early 90s ahahah.

And I first tried a real okonomiyaki in late 90's in a Japanese restaurant in SM Southmall.
But today, I also enjoyed an okonomiyaki at home, because my wife cook this whenever we crave.
|



Salamat Princess for introducing me to Takoyaki Sensei!  let's have a takoyaki jam session next visit.





Here's the Takoyaki Sensei FB page :https://web.facebook.com/Takoyaki-Sensei-Sm-Bacoor-MainBranch-146791512661953/?ref=br_rs

and also the list of branches:

1. Binakayan Branch (map)
2. Las Pinas (FB )
3. Imus Cavite (map)
4. Bacoor branch (map)
5. Rosario branch (map )