Unboxing - Fujifilm X-T100

DSC_0023

I've been waiting for this moment to unbox a new camera and after 4 years I finally embraced the mirrorless camera system once again!  Thanks to Fujifilm Philippines for bringing this great camera here in our land and this is the most awaited new model because the camera got everything we need for photography and videography.

Before we proceed to the unboxing, check out the tech specs below and the features of the Fujifilm X-T100

TECH SPECS

24.2 million pixels
23.5mm x 15.7mm (APS-C) CMOS with primary color filter
Sensor Cleaning system - Ultra Sonic Vibration
Storage media: SD Card (-2GB) / SDHC Card (-32GB) / SDXC Card (-256GB) UHS-I*1
JPEG, RAW, RAW+JPEG
MOV file video format (1080p 24fps and 60fps, 4k 15fps)
FUJIFILM X mount
Standard Output Sensitivity : AUTO1 / AUTO2 / AUTO3(up to ISO6400) / ISO200 to 12800(1/3 step)
Extended output sensitivity : ISO100 / 25600 / 51200
TTL 256-zone metering, Multi / Spot / Average
P(Program AE) / A(Aperture Priority AE) / S(Shutter Speed Priority AE) / M(Manual Exposure)
Supported with OIS type lens
Face and Eye detection
Manual pop-up flash (Super Intelligent Flash)
Hot shoe
Electronic View Finder
LCD monitor with 3 way to tilt
Touch screen feature
WIFI
Bluetooth
Fujifilm App connectivity
USB 2.0 High-Speed / micro USB terminal
HDMI Micro connector (Type D)
Mic jack 2.5m
NP-W126S Li-ion battery
Weight: Approx. 448g / 15.8 oz. (including battery and memory card)
Approx. 399g / 14.1 oz. (excluding accessories, battery and memory card)
Color available: Black, Silver and Champagne gold

SRP – PHP 39,990
Specs via: http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_t100/specifications/ 

DSC_0035

Inside the box
1. Manual
2. Warranty docu
3. Body
4. Kit lens
5. USB cable
5. Charging port
6. Plug
7. Strap
8. Leather grip with screw
9. Battery - not on pic, the battery is inside, I forgot to remove it after the test shots

See Also. Fujifilm X-T100 launch with James Reid and Fujifilm ambassadors

DSC_0044

Closer look of the Body and Kit lens

DSC_0046

The manual and the warranty docu

DSC_0048

Fujifilm X-T100 uses a micro SD for storage of photos and video and it run on power via the NP-W126S Li-ion battery with 1260 mmah -- a battery power that can provide you 430+ photos

This gave me and idea that I should get 2 more extra batteries, because I do multi task - photo and video during my event coverage and vlogging. 3 batteries are okay to power my camera til the end of the day.

DSC_0050

The boy and the kit lens

DSC_0054

Thanks to Ted for teaching me how to mount the kit lens. Im not yet familiar on how to place the lens properly to the camera. Im glad that the "red dot" marker on the back of the lens and the mounting of the camera is a great guide that they should align together before inserting the lens to the camera.

See Also. My video of this unboxing 

DSC_0058

The best part for the Fujifilm X-T100 is the 3 way tilting LCD panel

DSC_0064

You can tilt the LCD panel if you want to shoot in lower angle

DSC_0066

Or in higher angle

DSC_0068

And shoot selfie mode. This selfie mode is also perfect for vloggers, we need this mode to help us be on the middle frame and serve as a focus guide.

DSC_0070

The odd part here is that the LCD panel can move forward and have an extra space to cover the cable of the external mic. This a very clever move by Fujifilm. No obstruction for the LCD panel. This will work well for vloggers who are doing a sit down recording at home or at their studio.

DSC_0076

Attaching the leather grip

DSC_0077

I decided to read the manual to get the right placement of the leather grip.

DSC_0083

Now the Fujifilm X-T100 is ready for action! I will be using this for my blogging and vlogging activity.

DSC_0079

But wait... I almost forgot that you need the Fujifilm app. The app can be your remote shutter control wireless and you can transfer the photos to your mobile phone for social media posting. Im not sure if the photo file transfer is compressed or in high res version, but looking at the transferred photo file on my phone looks good!!

Oh I forgot to mention. You need the activate the camera's WIFI network in order for the phone to be connected.

DSC_0007

That's it!! thanks for reading my super fast unboxing of the Fujifilm X-T100.
Im a new convert  and I guess this will be my camera for the rest of my life.

Thank you Fujifilm Philippines and Ted Claudio for the recommendation and assistance.