Partial Solar Eclipse July 22, 2009 Cavite, Philippines


in Bacoor, Cavite, Philippines.

I woke up at 7:30am of July 22, 2009 and went outside to check out where the sun is rising, I was planning to go to SM Mall of Asia at 8:00am but I decided to stay home and it will be more easier for me to observe the partial solar eclipse. The sun is shining in its brightest light and it's my 3rd time to cover this heavenly body event for my blog. I used again my 3 sun glasses as filter for my camera, but this time I'm no longer using a 10x zoom Olympus SP 500UZ, and I miss using it and now I used for the first time a DSLR Olympus E520. in cloud setting ,-1.3, action sport setting, 150mm.

more photos below of the partial solar eclipse

complete photo coverage can be found in my multiply.com album at Partial Solar Eclipse July 22, 2009 Cavite, Philippines photo coverage


at 8:00am, sun is bright and large clouds are spotted nearby


at around 8:35am, the moon started to cover the sun, starting from the upper left corner


its a long wait....


at around 9:15am, the moon passes and covers nearly the sun in half


i love taking the sun with the clouds, it help me to filter out the harmful sun rays


partial solar eclipse is complete!


at 9:50am the moon started to moved out of the sun


I decided to quit the observation after a rain shower came at around 10:30am.