Zaycoland Resort and Hotel –Kabankalan City trip part 2

IMG_4109
Day 1 – We travel by land going to Kabankalan City after we land via Cebu Pacific airline in Bacolod City, I researched already before we went here that the land travel from Bacolod to Kabankalan is around 2 hours. But our land travel was 2 1/2 hours because there are lots of road construction and repair that we encountered while along the way, according to our guide, lots of bridges were under repair, I didn’t get the reason why, but maybe because the bridges needed to be renovated after being damaged by a flood or need to repaired due to old age.

We also saw the 4x4 dirt race site before we arrive in Zaycoland, We were suppose to cover the race but we decided to rest for awhile before we head for another coverage and also tour around the city.

a505d80a800811e38ded120785fa0495_8 P1173866
Here’s our photo inside the van while we are on the way to Kabankalan City, riding with us are three models from Bacolod City, who were hired to be part of the Sinulog de Kabankalan models on stage, and you see here at the 2nd photo, Ron and Raffy, I gave Ron a copy of Avengers cartoons and also a movie, he watched it while we are riding the van on a bumpy road, I just slept during the land trip hahahaha.

P1173865

Around us are field, farms, rice field, sugar cane fields, mountains and coastal.
My eyes forced me to wake up when I saw the coastal road on the way to Kabankalan City. I just checked my Google Map and there I discovered that we were facing the Panay Gulf while we are in Aguisan town of Negros.

P1183887
We’re now here in Zaycoland Resort and Hotel
One of the most popular resort here in Kabankalan City.


P1183886
There’s a big signage outside the gate and also there’s this small signage of the resto posted at the back of this carriage of a tricycle or a kalesa.

P1183883
At the front desk area, we spotted this vintage car in good condition parked the whole day.
Then I learned that these are props for pre nuptial and wedding events here in Zaycoland Resort and Hotel.

The resort is know for pre nuptial photography activity, wedding and special occasion venues.

P1183867
Front desk of the resto
The staffs are well trained and good in communicating in English with foreigners.
I’m super impressed on how they handle their guests here in Zaycoland.

P1183869
Here’s the hotel room area of Zaycoland

P1183870
hotel door…not yet our room…. ours is number 34
we lived there for 3 days

the girls stayed in the next room….room number 33

P1183907
Our hotel room key

P1183873
Our bed!
I sleep there in the middle of the two bed, I love sleeping in the floor hahahaha. Just like in our Baguio trip, I prefer the make shift bed on the floor, because its comfy and soft, and I like to stay there because I can plug my laptop and gadgets to a socket.

Raffy sleeps at the right….then Ron is at the left side.

P1183876
LCD tv with cable tv
we always tune in to the local cable channel of Kabankalan and Negros City.
We also watch the Cebu Sinulog here and the Sinulog de Kabankalan, all highlights are broadcasted live on CATV

P1183877
here’s my iconic tradition of taking a selfie of a hotel room


P1183879
Our CR


P1183880
Bathroom sink

I’m so glad that they provided some toiletries for their guest, other resort doesn’t have this, that’s why I bring my own soap, shampoo and towel. I’m glad that Zaycoland really follows the hotel standard and provide the guest’s need when it comes to bathroom stuff.

P1183882
Another selfie moment inside the bathroom….


P1183888
Most impressive part of the Zaycoland Resort and Hotel is the camp site area. I haven’t seen yet a resort and hotel that offers glamping or glamour camping within the vicinity of the resort.

Adventurous people or backpackers can enjoy the outdoor and nature here in Zaycoland, if you want a place to sleep in for a night, then you can try the glamping area.

P1183889
There’s another bigger tent for glampers


IMG_4105
Swimming pool here in Zaycoland

IMG_4108
I want to take a nice photo of the pool, so I climb up to a security guard tower at the far side of the resort

IMG_4113
Above the tower, I did a nice panoramic photo of the resort and the other side of the road. You’ll see here the fields and the mountain.


P1183891
We were so hungry after the long trip, our host, Mr. Tootsie Zayco of Zaycoland, invited us to dine in their restaurant inside the hotel.

Emilio’s Bistro is the only restaurant here in Zaycoland.

P1183895 P1183896P1183897 P1183905
That’s us.enjoying our lunch for day. I will feature the food of Emilio’s Bistro in my next blog post.


3f38860e800c11e3a60912ea6ba92f7d_8
Manila Bloggers meets Choose Philippines and Loqal.ph here in Kabankalan City.


P1183908
Here’s another view of the lobby at Zaycoland
You can ask the staff here if you want a cold water, order a cake or a hot coffee.

P1183909
Here’s the lounge area of the hotel, I’m glad that they have WIFI here in Zaycoland, the WIFI speed is good and very reliable. We always stay here if we want to check our email, post updates in our social media sites and also post a blog post.

P1183910
Here’s Raffy of www.pinoytravelblog.com starting to blog our day 1 adventure

P1183911
Ron of www.wahpinas.com tries blogging for the 1st time using his new Devant Android tablet.


P1183912
And here’s my iPhone and the password access here in Zaycoland.
I took this photo as my reference because I always forget their wifi password whenever I will log back online.

P1183913 P1183914P1183915 P1183916
Bloggers at work!!!

P1183917

We are far away from Manila..and here we spotted a very familiar logo…
hehhehe. Zaycoland reviews are up in Tripadvisor.com

P1183919
Here are the rates at Zaycoland.

Standard room with 2 beds - PHP 1500
Deluxe room with 1 big bed - PHP 1800
Family deluxe room with 1 bed and 1 double bed - PHP 1800
Family standard with 4 single bed - PHP 2500
Bridal suite with 1 queen size bed - PHP 2800
Family suite with 2 kind size bed - PHP 2800
Matrimonial suite with 1 queen size bed - PHP 2800
Swimming day trippers - PHP 100
Extra mattres - PHP 400
check in at 2pm
check out at 12nn
By looking at their rates, I think we are occupying the standard room with 2 beds and then they added 1 mattress.

IMG_4011
Selfie time while this Manila bloggers are busy working online

IMG_4095
Here’s my Google map plot of Kabankalan City, I just discovered that Zaycoland is minutes away from the plaza and also Gaisano Mall. You can ride a tricycle if you want to go to the main town and the mall.

IMG_4112
KABANKALAN CITY, NEGROS OCCIDENTAL
Kabankalan City provincial government website : http://www.negros-occ.gov.ph/about-negros-occidental/cities-and-municipalities/cities/kabankalan-city.html

Kabankalan City tourism page: http://tourism.negros-occ.gov.ph/places-to-go/cities/kabankalan-city/

Sinulog de Kabankalan Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/sinulogdekabankalan

Thanks and credits

*** Many thanks to Mr. Tootsie and Pie Zayco for inviting us here in Kabankalan City. Thanks also to Mr. Alfredo Otea, Kabankalan City tourism officer, for touring us around the city, you may contact him at +63 946 2832510 if you want some info or tour around the city.

Thanks also to my travel blogger mates Raffy of www.pinoytravelblog.com and Ron of www.wahpinas.com for being the best company in every travel and gimmicks…and also nice to meet and thanks to Belle and Renz of www.choosephilippines.com and Nikka of www.loqal.ph . and last.. thanks to Mika, our PR contact for arranging and coordinating with us for this trip.
I
ts nice to meet you Kabankalan City!!! see you in our next visit.
Visit my travel blog post under “travel” tag - http://azraelsmerryland.blogspot.com/search/label/travel

For more Kabankalan City trave blog post, just click “kabankalan” tag in my blog - http://azraelsmerryland.blogspot.com/search/label/kabankalan
and for Sinulog 2014 - http://azraelsmerryland.blogspot.com/search/label/sinulog%202014
I
f you love my photos and want to save a copy…or if you need a copy to be published in print, tv or online, don’t hesitate to ask me and email me at azrael@gmail.com