Planting some Nasturtium flower seeds at home

IMG_6969
I got this 4 pieces of Nasturtium flower seeds, this was given to me during our Baguio tour and lunch at Mothers Garden and CafĂ©. I’m not sure if this seed will grow into a plant and bloom some flowers, but I have to try and see if the will survive the weather here in Cavite.

Thanks to Edel for sharing some seeds.
I planted this last April 21, 2014, lets see how many weeks will it sprout its first leaf.

P3290050
Nasturtium flower plant is part of a cabbage family according to the info at Wikipedia, it is also known for its edible flower with peppery flavor, here in Mothers Garden and Café, they add the Nasturtium flower on top of their veggie salad.

Yup..I ate it and I’m still fine hahaha.

read my Mothers Garden and Café blog post here at http://azraelsmerryland.blogspot.com/2014/04/mothers-garden-and-cafe-secret-garden.html

P3299979
here’s a Nasturtium flower plant in their garden.


IMG_6970
I’m not really sure if it will grow here…but its better to try it and then do the long wait.

IMG_6971
I have four seeds so I planted this in our plant box.
It’s a bit moist and it has a good shelter against direct heat of the sun. If ever they sprout, I can transfer them into a bigger pot or a place along the garden.

IMG_6972

IMG_6973

IMG_6974

IMG_6975
So I labeled seed 1, 2,3, 4,
let’s find out if ever we have some green hand power to bring some plant life. Ashton also helped me water this plant box sometimes.

Today its May 9, 2014, no signs yet of any tiny plant sprouts.