2nd Philippine Blogging Summit 2006
some photos



I took a 4 hour experience at the 2nd Blogging Summit, it was funy at first coz I landed in a wrong building and room, I mistakenly entered a Bar Exam review seminar and not the summit hahhaa. so i went downstairs and asked the guard where the venue of the summit and then they directed me to the other U.P. College of Law bldg.

at the Summit, Mike Abundo saw me standing at the back, he approached me and then we began our own summit at the back hahahaha, it was during the break time when we exchange some tidbits of info from the blogosphere, too bad that i missed his lecture. He told me some tips about that tag that you can see and monitor people who blogs about your site or your name.
He said that he will upload soon the hacked code in his blog www.mikeabundo.com . Running of side jokes like that PC magazine writer who earns 1 million bucks a month or is that a year? for writing, blogging and talks. Then on the other side AV Idol girls came into our topic.

Then he introduced me to people from Globe telecom, it was good approach coz they recognize the ToyCon and said that they were interested in joining the event. so callcards were exchanged. poor me I was so unprepared and never produced any copy of my callcards.

during that conversations I was asked by an old lady to tone down my voice coz we didn't noticed that Dean Alfar is already starting his lecture. I stopped and realized that I have to take my seat and go for a quick mental meal.


Dean Alfar, Write here, Write now: The Author as a Blogger

joking on a typo of his slide " Do note fear tomorrow" (supposed to be, Do not fear tomorrow)
also a good example on his keynote about avoiding editing too much on the blog entry. He said that minor typos is okay and better be confident on what will be readers comment in your blog.

it was a good learning experience that day and lots of youngling bloggers take note all what the lecturer said and displayed.


Jonas Diego, Comic Books and Blogging

A lot of people got curious on how to deal or to make comics in weblogs. Jonas showed and introduced to the summit attendees the use and advantage of becoming a comic blogger.
at the end of his talk, people asked lots of questions about the production of web comics.
by that time a blogger near me told me that they are making their own web comics. I told them that I know some people who can help them in creating one, but for a quick tour, Jonas showed them the steps for making a comic blog.

After their lecture, I immediately packed up and head straight home in order to catch a time table for my other activity that day

congrats to all attendees, lecturers and organizers of this event.
the learning experience is the best !!!!

lets all blog now !!!



i got few photos for this event.
I was disappointed in my battery that fails and was exhausted for a few shots.
I just found out that my cheap Php 70 battery charger is already grounded.

more photos here

Post a Comment

6 Comments

Janette Toral said…
Hello Azrael. Maraming salamat for this iBlog2 coverage. It is very much appreciated. Sa uulitin! =)
@digitalfilipino
tnx tnx !!!! it was a great summit !!!!
sa uulitin din

congrats and more power !
Ed said…
Yo, Az. Di ko alam pupunta ka pala, sana sumama ako. Hehehe. Astig 'to!
@ed
sayang!!!! di ko lam na gusto mo pala pumunta..
Mike Abundo said…
The PC Mag columnist we were talking about is John C. Dvorak, known for his provocative writng and shameless self-promotion. His annual income for speaking and writing isn't quite in millions of dollars, but hits hundreds of thousands.

I've posted a link to the "Blogs on Mike" mashup that you can adapt for ToyCon. ;)
@mike
wow!!!tnx for that tips!!!