Lastikman and Zaido Review

Here's my review and I know some of you are waiting for it ehhehhee.

but first I will post my review about Zaido since it was shown first last night.

Zaido : Pulis Pangkalakan



I saw the pilot episode inside the bus going home to Cavite, we're very lucky that all buses have TV inside and all of them are tuned in to GMA 7.

I was waiting for a big intro or opening theme for the series, but all I saw is a big title splashing around and then formed Zaido and its subtitle.

The space fights are great. ships and planets effects seems okay, Its a little bit disturbing to see the production design of the ships and other sets. Its hard to put my self in it and make believe that this is really a great sci fi series. But I can't blame them, they did their best of it.
I was expecting like a Star Trek stylish environment, but hey, they were created for TV a long time ago (not from a galaxy far away, kidding!) and the space and ship environment were great.
Means that when you watch it, you will be easily be convinced that they really are in space.
but for me, I think I wasn't hook on it and just focus more on the character.

They mentioned that Le-ar resurrected and it seems that SHAIDER failed from the beginning in stopping Fuma Le-ar. So there goes my curiosity after I heared that, and then Le-ar is very obsessed in searching and capturing the grand child of Shaider, he mentioned that how did the grand son of Shaider survive. And another question mark came into my head asking..

hey Le-ar. you are dead and Shaider killed you. So that means that theres something fishy behind of it. Im trying to think of a scene were all Jedi's were killed and then Obi Wan Kenobi hides the twins Skywalker.

and my mind says...ohhhhhhhh STAR WARS !!!!! pucha.

so Shaider and Zaido are like hm... Jedi' s ?

theres a funny thing also when I saw the character of Gallian and his wife to be, they were romantically involve. Then Gallian used his Jedi mental powers to lift a flower in air and gave it to his bride. hahahaahaha.

and now me and Lace jokingly used one of the dialogues.


Gallian : tignan mo ito
Bride : Ano ito?
Gallian : Yan ang yebe
Bride: Ang ganda, ngayon lang ako nakakita ng yebe.
Gallian : Makakakita ka nyan araw araw pag mag-asawa na tayo.

hahhaha. well its our green mind revolving around again

ok..lets skip some more.

The character Commander Zion is like more on a Commander from a Gundam series. I don't know of Im right, because the name Zion sounds like Zeon to me in Gundam. Correct me if Im wrong, and I wont be googling around for some references for this.. coz im lazy to show it to you
all.

and the Galactic ship, hmmmm hey is that a Destroyer of Darth Vader? ah...I'll just cut my crap of it. I like the ships design and it made me believe :)

so back to the villains, so it means that all of them survive after Shaider defeated them.
oh no.. because it seems that all of them wants revenge.

I'll end my review here for Zaido.
They have a very low on storytelling, when I watched it back at home, when I went down to get some drinks, When I look at the TV theres a scene that Raymart Santiago and Diana Zubiri are courting each other and I say to myselft..hmm..Zaido ended ????

and I was surprised that it was a part from Zaido...whooooooaaaaa..
There are some scenes that seems to mix in the space scenes and they didn't show it well at first on the story phasing. Like theres a battle in another planet and then in a split seconds they will show a scene on Earth. They are cutting the hype of the battle or the space story.

I really like the battle in the rocky mountains. But it was so short and I was waiting for him to turn into Zaido. too bad.. NO ZAIDO in this pilot episode.. how sad !!!!

and now my answers had been answered.
No episode format like Shaider, means no Zaido, no monster, no time space warp, no Avilon transforming into a gun and robot and no massive Zaido cutter or whatever.
its basically a local tv series and drama that we pinoys seems to watch it from the 10th president of the RP.

now I realize all of it, because all of us grew up with Shaider and we are all concerned on the franchise and story of it. Now I like to declare that, we must exclude Zaido out of the metal hero line. Its a big disappointment on the story telling and making SHAIDER fails in the very beginning of the original japanese series. They should have created new villains and new names of it.

short note. good SFX, bad story telling.


Lastikman

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/2/photos/140/500x500/35/lastikman.jpg?et=N7V5MMnp2saDkCGqTqOqyg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

I didn't know that they show started when I switched the channel back and forth from GMA and ABS CBN. The intro scene is Toni Gonzaga is reporting in Leyte about a festival happening. On the start I thought it was a News Flash, because the scene is very normal and I just think that this is Lastikman, after I saw that CGI tornado coming in. And then it started a hype in me..
wow!!!! its a big Twister wrecking havoc and it destroyed Gen. McArthur's statue.
then a monster showed up controlling the twister.

I was thinking what will happen next, I was waiting for Lastikman. and then ....the big intro.
Toni's news van fell into the cliff and then Lastikman showed up transforming into a parachute,
saving them.

Then a battle with the monster..it was great !!! the SFX is great ! there are some glitches on it.
but its okay! then after the battle, we saw Lastikman defeated and thrown out to sea.

And then they showed its origin . Wow! What a great storytelling! thats the style Im waiting for.
The planet were Lastikman was born showed. Its a rough CGI, it was like an old Pc game, but some chloro cloth effect did a great job on some scenes. It was like an empire in space.

I really like the idea that the aliens kidnapped a human female and they want it to do experiment and study on her, but a brave scientist took a chance to hide her and will help her go back to Earth, but they ended in a romance and fell inlove. But the alien blood is more different.
after 3 sleeps or 10 days on Earth time. Ruth (the human female) was pregnant to the alien scientist, and she can't believe how fast it was to have a child with the alien.

forgot to note that i like the idea of they put a communicator device on their neck whenever they talk, because the human and the alien have different languages. It transported me to a Star Trek series were the humans talk to some aliens using a communicator device.

Also I saw some ala-Krypton text subtitles then it changes to its translation.

Now Ruth gave birth and it seems a liquified deformed being and they declared it dead.
But later on it showed some heart beat and now they are happy to see it is alive but not in an alien or human form.

the story ended when the alien counsel captured Ruth's husband and then the alien husband friend Agaton, help Ruth to escape and go back to Earth, but they left her unformed child behind. At a scene it shows that the child was aware on whats happening and it started to move like a blog and hide itself. The alien counsel decide to free Ruth's husband and they pursue Ruth and Agaton, thinking of that Agaton hides the human from them. And then when Ruth's alien husband went back to their room he saw his son and later turn tranformed into a human form with a small checkered images on his chest.

thats how the story goes!!!

Lastikman gave a big pilot break! and everyone here at home liked the story. Even that they have poort on the CGI space environment, still they gave a good treatment on the storytelling.
Its like in the comics, even if the title you are reading has a poor artwork, but it blows you off on the story, then it is something else. you will continue to read it and you will like it and continue to ask for more. Now I'm excited on the 2nd episode of Lastikman. Im still looking for a download version of the pilot, that I might share it to everyone.

now for my short note.
poor space cgi effects, but the story telling is awesome.

oh btw, they got a cool INTRO of the series ehehhe.
feat. the action and villains of Lastikman.

go head to their website at http://www.lastikman.tv for more guides, episode and info about the series. and also theres a recap of Episode 1

Go! go! Lastikman

Post a Comment

0 Comments