P.I. JOEY - Children's Stories comics

I was a fan and also a big reader of this comics way back in 1986 ( i think) and was surprised to know that Bong Dazo did this comics in Atlas. I was in elementary in UST when I read and collect this comics and bring it in school everyday and share it with my classmates, that was a time when Marvel and Dc comics are very hard to find and purchase during that my youngling age.

P.I. Joey sounds like G.I. Joe, but I can't remember the story of this comic, i'll try to ask Bong later about the story since he is the writer and also artist for PI Joey.

and now.. after meeting all comic creators in the Philippines.. this is something new!

The image “http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/3426/pijoeyoh5.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

did you remember this comics?

also.. Bong Dazo noted that this was the first or maybe first.. comics done with Anime and manga Style, it was the time when Voltes V is a big blockbuster on Philippine TV. He did the style and tried to introduce it in our market, but that time, I didnt know that this is Anime and Manga style. truly a classic hehhehe.


edited : oct 31
I have a phone conversation with Bong Dazo and he told me that he drew the comics and didnt write the story for PI JOE.
and whoa... he told me that he's going to give me a copy of PI JOE.. omg !!!!
will frame that whenever I received it.

Post a Comment

1 Comments

pol sin said…
PI Joey was the taong brilyante and his rival's name was Krodo