photo coverage: Partial Lunar Eclipse of December 21, 2010 (Philippines)

a PC218051
Its hard to observe the partial lunar eclipse today and it's cloudy here in my location in Cavite, Philippines and been waiting till the sky clears and let the strong winds move the big clouds, I was waiting for the moon to show up during our sunset, I started to loose hope in seeing the moon and then after the sun's ray goes out of the sky, a big orange moon showed up from nowhere and the appearance of the moon is a split seconds. I took this first photo at around 5:40pm and I'm already late for the start of the partial lunar eclipse. At first I'm not sure if that's a cloud or the shadow of the Earth, then I researched and saw some photos of our local astronomers, they too got the same photo and observation.

more photos below

a PC218058
Then night time is coming fast, I reset my settings of my Olympus E520 and took this photo, the moon becomes reddish and the shadow is still visible.

a PC218097
this photo is around 6:03pm

a PC218116
the shadow clears out and we see a full moon and the color changes into dirty white. The moon was covered again by dark clouds after the partial lunar eclipse.

here's a photo by John Nassr's photo of the partial lunar eclipse, seen over the mist of Cordillera mountain - pic here

here are some photos I saw from Flickr

photo 1 : Totality
photo 2 : lunar
photo 3: lunar in Oakland