The Dictator movie is dedicated to the memory of all dictators (a movie review)


 Last night was the premiere of the movie – The Dictator, a new movie starring Sacha Baron Cohen as Admiral General Aladeen of Republic of Wadiya, Ana Faris and Ben Kingsley. The movie is about the dictator who ruled the land of this fictional country located in Sri Lanka called Wadiya. The movie is about how stupid, funny, deadly and scary are those dictators, the movie reminds us the horror of any dictator who ruled for years and also how funny they are. Sacha did another funny role in dress up form after Borat and Bruno, this is the only movie style for Sacha acting as another person and portray to annoy everyone and make fun of racism issues and also more nudity in the big screen, I’m not sure if the penis thing is real, but it was funny and disturbing hahhaha.

There are still moral lessons showed in the film, I’m kinda sad when I felt the need of hugs and embraces with my loved ones, in the film, Aladeen want some real love and not fake loves by buying and paying those Hollywood celebrities to sleep with him. The movie has lots of cameo appearances of other celebrities and they are game with it even that they will be the laughing stock in some scenes of the movie. If you love Borat and Bruno, I’m sure you’ll love this movie, I was wondering last night that I want to see a different acting and performance of Sacha in a movie, and since that he have a tv show acting as Ali G, then three movies  - Borat, Bruno and the Dictator, I googled some info and found out that he will be portraying the rockstar vocalist of the band, Queen, in a movie titled – Mercury. According to lead guitarist Brian May that Sacha is the perfect guy to perform as Freddie Mercury in the film. I’m sure this movie will give Sacha a standing ovation when we see him perform and also sing as Freddie Mercury, I also smell a brewing stage performance with the whole Queen band with Sacha.


Ana Faris, which I didn’t even recognize her with all the new look, sporting a short hair and sleeveless and ordinary clothes in America, I love Ana as being funny and dumb in some movies, but I’m happy to see her in a different movie that makes her the brainy person in the film. She have a major influences to Aladeen making her an important story changer, as for Ben Kingsley, he got some short appearances, but the I’m interested on the part of Jason Mantzoukas as Nadal, the mad scientist of Aladeen in creating nuclear bomb for the dictator, he is a good partner with Aladeen and this make the movie more funnier. I wish for a sequel for this movie, like throw Aladeen and Nadal in  Japan or in Australia and make a story on how they will survive and act their way to their homeland.

I also miss Ken Davitian, the Azamat Bagatov character who is at the Borat film, I was hoping to see him in the movie but there’s no shadow of Ken in it. It will be better if Ken have a cameo just to make things more funny, or make him crawl out of bed naked again hahhahaha.


The Dictator is fucking funny movie that is not suitable for kids.

Showing this July 25, 2011 in all Philippine cinemas distributed by Solar Entertainment.