Rurouni Kenshin red carpet and Asian premiere photos and interview #KenshinManila

pizap.com14073453859361
The event that we’re waiting for is finally here! we waited for this for almost a month and now the cast and director of Rurouni Kenshin movie is here to promote to sequel movie – Rurouni Kenshin:Kyoto Inferno, that will open on August 20 across the Philippines and followed by “Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends” on Sept. 24, 2014. Both films are distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures.

The red carpet and Asian premiere of the 2nd movie is a dream come true for us RK fans and also a history in the making for the world of movie events and entertainment, because this is our first time to have the best and most ORGANIZED red carpet and Asian premiere.

I’m also surprised that the cast of the movie – Takeru Satoh (Kenshin Himura), Emi Takei (Kaoru Kamiya), Munetaka Aoki (Sanosuke Sagara) and director Keishi Otomo are very comfortable to mingle and talk to the fans at the red carpet, they do autograph signing, photo ops and selfie. They approach the fans area located at the back of the barricade, they are the one who meet and greet with us fans and they approach the lucky fans who got an autograph and maybe a selfie with them.

I went there at around 5pm and I was advised that they will arrive shortly, so I ate my early dinner at the food court level and went back to get some good photos at the red carpet area. I don’t have a special pass for the red carpet procession – there’s an area that you are located in a separate barricade infront of the stage, where you can get good photos and also interact with the Japanese celebs. Thanks to some fans who offered their red carpet passes to me, I declined and told them to offer it to other fans who need it,because I already have my movie premiere pass and I just want to experience the red carpet mayhem…. its fun..tiring… and I left my camera flash and chair at home.

P1010150
The crowd went wilder when we saw the Rurouni Kenshin cast at the big screen on stage.
They stopped for a while to entertain some interview from the foreign media. I also spotted our local media doing their thing and they are lucky to be talking with them.

P1010160
Yup! that’s my front view…I went to the other side that have a narrower barricade, means that the actors will be much closer to us when they pass by.

my idea is effective…

I was so close to Takeru, Emi and Aoki.
P1010346
Takeru Sato waving high and hello to a video fan interview


P1010347
Munetaka Aoki signs autographs with his fans and ohhh he speaks English

P1010348
The lovely, cute and beautiful Emi Takei approached our area and she signs autographs and do photo ops. My jaw drop dead… she’s so wow!!!

P1010334
I didn’t brought anything for them to sign, because I didn’t know that they will come forward and meet us.


P1010074
side photo and story: Foreign media were there too to cover this event. I’m not sure if this reporter is representing for a Japanese news

P1010114
Event host did a trivia contest and award fans with movie premiere passes. The third question is a bit difficult ahhhaah. We forgot the name of Misao’s hotel in Kyoto.

P1010082
Rurouni Kenshin cosplayers were there to showcase their craft and talent.

P1010104
The Rurouni Kenshin movie cosplay team

P1010120
side photo and stoy: director Keishi Otomo showed up first at the red carpet and then followed by

P1010134
Emi Takei
- the big screen is a great help for us to monitor who arrives next


P1010338
At 6pm, I went to cinema 9 to get my movie premiere passes at the press deck. I left the event venue and saw the big crowd around the Rurouni Kenshin movie cast and director.

P1010343
I’m now at cinema 9.
It’s a bit strict…no cameras allowed inside.

P1010345
Our movie premiere ticket!
I’m so excited to watch this… Thank you WARNER BROS. PHILIPPINES
thanks esp. to Sionee Lagman, Jay Gonzales and Mae Vecina.
shout out also to Ferdie Bondoy and his PR team.

IMG_9845
Our seats are numbered so its okay to hang around, but I went back to my seat because we were advised that the program will start any minute. Our stars arrived through a back door of cinema 9 and they talk to us and presented themselves. This is the best movie ever!!

As Timster said.. its like 1998 all over again! for me its like 1999, because that’s the year were I watched Rurouni Kenshin: Requiem of Ishishin Shishi on VHS and after few weeks, Samurai X first episode on TV.

There’s a short Q and A interview and I transcribed some parts of it.

Q: Are you a fan of an anime or manga?
Takeru: Yes I watch some anime and read manga.
Q: What's your favorite move of Kenshin
Takeru: I just like running
(then everyone laughed)
Q: What's the most memorable part in filming the movie
Emi: --- i didn't get the English translation
Q: Do you have any message to all your Filipino Fans
Aoki: (he shouted...something "I am Sanosuke!!")
(then crowd shouts whohohohohoh)
fan question: does Takeru and Emi love ecah other?
Takeru: Oh you should watch the movie and you'll see

Q: How does it feel to have a cast like this
Otomo: It is really fun to shoot the movie, these guys are the best
This is the movie that we placed our heart and soul, all of us did our hearts and soul, I hope you really enjoyed the movie and have fun.
fan question: Will you come back this September ?
Takeru: yes! I want to go back here in Manila!

Takeru: Marami salamat po!
Aoki: Mabuhay, salamat po!
Emi: (she tried speaking our language but she didn’t make the cut, but that’s okay!! )

IMG_9848
inside cinema 9

IMG_9777
Kenshin Himura poster at cinema 9

IMG_9778
ohhhhh toire!!!!

IMG_9781
big screen!

IMG_9821
Presenting our guests from Japan.

IMG_9823
A time that we were so quiet and then we go wild! to cheer them and welcome them here.

IMG_9829
Thanks to coming Takeru, Emi and Aoki

IMG_9757
side photo story: my arrival at 5pm in SM Megamall. I did some ocular first

IMG_9762
My plan was to position myself here near the elevator, but then I transferred because I got hungry hahaha.

IMG_9763
My last position.

P1010351
After the movie screening….photo op with the cosplay team

P1010356
Free pic and high five with Kenshin!

P1010344
I took this photo after I got my ticket…

insert ---
I’m grabbing and pasting Emi Takei’s photo here, taken by Myke Soon


more pics here at http://www.mixofeverything.net/2014/08/red-carpet-asian-premiere-rurouni-kenshin-kyoto-inferno-movie.html

thanks in advance Myke aahahahaha!


Rurouni Kenshin - Main 1sheet

The first sequel, “Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno” will open across the Philippines on Aug. 20, 2014, to be followed by “Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends” on Sept. 24, 2014. Both films are distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures.