1st ASEAN Comics Convention

http://www.asean.or.jp/general/publish/JuniorHighSchoolASEAN/ASEAN.jpg

(Image not related to this article, this will represent what ASEAN is for)


just heard this in a radio interview today, that Carlo J. Caparas and the Komiks involved in here are now planning for having a 1st Philippine Komiks Convention. and now targeting for the ASEAN comics convention that will be held here. No other information was released, they just gave us a big teaser for their next project.


now my question .... Are they aware of the KOMIKON ??
I didn't created that for nothing, and now it seems that it was never been recognized after all.
But some who been there and participated knows about it. And if they aren't aware of it.
If I attend on their next meeting, I'll tell them more about it, even that I'm not part of the organizing event for this.

Post a Comment

3 Comments

Anonymous said…
Okay, I'm really starting to get pissed off by this Caparas guy. You'd have to be goddamn blind and deaf not to have seen and heard about komikon.

I've only one question, Az, why isn't anybody doing more to protest this? Tutal ang dami nang naaapektuhan bakit wala pang mas matinding ginagawang protesta, say, in the form of some propaganda via comics or some such?

Madami ngang umaangal wala naman nangyayari.

Just my two cents, man.
lets not put the blame to caparas.
i know its not their fault if they arent aware of the current situations.

but its okay.

its a project of a certain institution for filipino comic artist sort of. so for me its okay.
Anonymous said…
I guess you have a point. Can't blame just one guy.

Still, I just don't think those affected in the artist communities should just sit there and take it. If they don't stand up to things like these, pwede pa kasing maulit at maulit 'to e.

That's the danger of complacency.