2nd Kongreso ng Komiks

its a congress for Philippine comics, the local and cheap comics that we know and its already being revive for the news stand market. The congress is headed by Carlo Caparas, NCAA and KWF.

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/2/photos/127/500x500/35/P9110053.jpg?et=yYF8kCl1BSDEOyeSseWv1w” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

I was chosen as the assistant chairman for the committee of Careers and Enhancement with Hal Santiago and he is our main chairman.

I went there to listen and be an observer, and I didn't expected that people in their wanted me to be part of it. I just hope that for being part of it, I can deliver some major concerns about the comics field today that they haven't noticed. so thats square one, and hoping on the next chapter

After my short-immediate speech and report for our plan of having a series of workshop, seminar, free materials, exhibit and convention. Carlo J. Caparas stood up after and gladly shakes my hand. hahaha.. wow! i just hope..really hope that these ideas will bring a big change.

Before the Congress started, Joelad Santos of Komisyon ng wikang Filipino, opened the event by letting us hear a sample music theme song for Carlo Caparas' comics.

you can download a raw sample mp3 HERE
it was performed and sang by a blind musician, the guy who did the PCSO theme song.


The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/127/500x500/6/l.jpg?et=IYB2ajHqcE%2BAHnl3SrCqaw” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
What did I say here?
here's what I posted in my multiply. sorry that Im so lazy in editing these stuff for my blog.
I was freaking out in some minutes, and because Im not prepared for having big speech report.

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/2/photos/127/500x500/2/CIMG1025.jpg?et=9K5njln5IQ%2B0xqSwM%2BeQVg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Im bugging Garro of Komiks.ph for an advice and he said that I shouldn't swallow my words or just go straight to the point. It was a good advice, there KC Kordero and Marboy raised their flags for support and just to take my tense away.
I was chosen to be part of Hal Santiago's committee, about Careers and enhancement, it was a sudden super short notice and the people around want me to be their speaker with Mr. Hal, then during the intro, they dubbed us chairmans, and me assistant chairman of that committee.

primarily focus is on conducting workshop and seminar, this was one of the idea of Mr. Hal, while I do a small part in telling them about a plan about free comic materials for those who want to learn the art of writing and drawing via using the internet, using our own resources and artist.
to have our own lecturing styles.

it was very hard to explain first to them, (while speaking at the front) that being part of an international based comic agency and partnering up with Mr. Hal and the local comic field, I just told them to learn one another and try to merge it and try to form a new or modern concept. its very complication for my part. Because Im exposed to a different comic industry.

then i just told them about making a series of school tour, not just aiming at the urban and provincial side, but more focusing on the general people like in the malls, exclusive school, private areas, which have a big interest in the comic field.

i told them im not a comic artist or writer, but i do lots of comic related activities and just hope that they can get my point.

im not sure if they will fund this project and me and my big mouth, conceptualizing a Comic boot camp for all and a venue to all artist who can teach one another and share ideas as one, and develop each other via mentoring.

just like we do in komikero and artists den.

im not really sure what will happen next, but Mr. Hal give me a big thumbs up and we will talk about this maybe next week. or soon.

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/127/500x500/4/CIMG1044.jpg?et=lVEU9UVAF2GWA1HlPQ19AQ” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

i think its a go. Mr. Caparas stood up, shake my hand and im glad that he listens. ( i think...)

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/2/photos/127/500x500/26/P9110029.jpg?et=Xvkpevvru%2BNT5xiNAZvLHg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
I was about talk to him in a short time after the congress.... but..
i just cant get a good conversation, after these press and media stormed around with him for a quick interview

maybe soon...I can talk to him..and present some issues

Im uploading a video today, and he took back what he says about comics being dead.

im not really sure of my involvement in the Komiks Kongress, it was very unexpected event for me. and even if people do believe in it or not, its up to the Kongress to grant these ideas and project if ever they really want to make the comic scene healthy.
Its weird that Im quoting myself here.

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/2/photos/127/500x500/14/P9100014.jpg?et=6Ds2JKH%2CprLUGopwiqaX4g” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Kroko

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/2/photos/127/500x500/8/P9100008.jpg?et=aRujQmL29%2CNIv1vfS1Btng” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Gagambino

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/2/photos/127/500x500/10/P9100010.jpg?et=A8IhCGphIVyjZSMYjRfgdA” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Andres de Saya

click here for more photos - 2nd Komiks Kongress

and now for the VIDEO COVERAGE !!!!


2nd Kongreso ng Komiks, opening, speechs and other scenes.
feat. also the committee chairmans


Carlo J. Caparas - speech and words
he mention about Manga comic styles, and he noted that it is not Filipino.

my camera is a little shaky at first, because I placed my camera on top of an air conditioner

Read some interesting NOTES ON THE KONGRESO NG KOMIKS reported by Garro of Komiks.ph and also try visiting http://usapang-komiks.blogspot.com/ of Randy Valeinte for some interesting topics

Post a Comment

2 Comments

Anonymous said…
the colours of the komiks in that poster is bad. Did Hal Santiago coloured that himself with watercolour?
Anonymous said…
Yung Kroko ba ay Kroko-saurus o kroko-dyle? Mutant bang bayawak yan o butiki???