Event Report : Booksigning with Pol Medina Jr. (Pugad Baboy)

After my attendance at the Tekken Event, I immediately use Goku's teleportation technique and it teleports me in an instant in Powerbooks Live in Greenbelt. There's another comic event and I'm excited to meet again Mr. Pol Medina Jr. I met him first time during his Pugad Baboy 14 booksigning in Powerbooks Megamall, I was with the Artists' Den group and Blitzwork comic group. It was fun clowning around with him and also seeing Beerkada meets Pugad Baboy. Wow! thats one of the cool comic moment.


And now for the Pugad Baboy 19 and Sunday Comics, Powerbooks Live! invited Pol Medina Jr. again to be with his fans. The PB 19 almost ran out of copies and when I arrived, got lucky to grab one after they restock a number of 8 copies on that day. I lined up and met some cool Pugad Baboy fans and also met Shiela, a fellow member at our Pinoy DC Fans group.

It took us 2-3 hours lining up in the middle of the bookstore. And while we wait for our turn, we talked about some comic stuff and do some Pugad Baboy bonding just to kill time. It was fun and the joys of being a fanatic is great! heeheheh. especially when you are going to meet the rarely seen Pol Medina Jr. hehehehe.

I took lots of photos of the event and glad to meet the event manager of the bookstore. We were planning a comic event next month in one of the branch of Powerbooks and since we plan this way back from email conversations, Im glad that we talked in person and started the plan B thing for a comic event.

It was funny when I met Pol again, he said that my name Azrael, reminds him his comic character of Pugad Baboy named Azrael. Then he remembers me when I emailed him something and then Im glad that we talked for awhile while he doodles Polgas in my book, and signed - Buddy ko si Azrael! ( Azrael is my buddy!)

Also during that day, while we were waiting for our turn. the PB fans told me to organize a big event for Pugad Baboy book 20, they want a big extravaganza event for Pol Medina. And I just told them that, yes it will be possible and If it is okay to Pol that I'll organize it next year, it will be not a problem at all. hahahaha. now everyone freaked out and told me turn it into a Pugad Baboy convention hahhaah. Then after that, they suggested it to Pol and he said that it will be great to have laser lights shows ahhahaa.

It was a busy day for me and glad the meet and talk again to the Pugad Baboy creator.
And I just forgot to inquire him about this juice drink commercial on TV, showing a Polgas look a like doing ala-Mission Impossible thing during that juice drink commercial.

Fans said that it was one of the dreams of Pol Medina to have Polgas in an animated series or 3D series. I just said that, I dont know if he knows about it or not. I'll just drop him an email about that. Also the PB fans was surprised to know too that the Beerkada creator is a friend and they showed a big eyes on me.. wow! they are Beerkada readers too. and one of them told me that if I WAS the basis of the character of Bryan hahhaha. I told them I'm not. ehhehhee

Check out the full photo album of the booksigning event.

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/147/500x500/2/P9290047.JPG?et=63tyOgNmIPMcicza1c0uRQ” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
got one!

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/147/500x500/3/P9290048.JPG?et=uNCR9MvpwKv46lP8xzjJ9A” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
the long line

http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/4/photos/147/500x500/19/P9290065.JPG?et=KyQs3Kj3Sw74FfC5FNc4KA
wow! ang dami papa-sign

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/147/500x500/7/P9290053.JPG?et=OPePKvZuFwxSqnujhlcWJg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
the fans

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/147/500x500/12/P9290058.JPG?et=EQ5cFkeIR0XkmTNaKUMDKA” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
signing gig!

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/147/500x500/25/P9290071.JPG?et=F7%2CpCdBnu5CWQ0zWJ7Ayqg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
front of the line

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/147/500x500/32/P9290079.JPG?et=Y%2Bv6Vg%2C1zFaW7y0248FiwA” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Pol : hug me, I'm yours!

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/147/500x500/102/P9290154.JPG?et=4cI2ORSmweH%2C7h9FkA2T6w” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
from 4:45 - 7:45
Azrael goes to the batmobile !

Post a Comment

1 Comments

Anonymous said…
ei, az!

i was one of the first ones during pol's signing gig last saturday... got the feeling you guys will drop by but hunger pangs got the better of me and my brother so we left after we got our books signed :p

anywayz, see 'ya at peyups for the 'kon next month!

ingatz,

miko