Resiklo movie review

the movie is now up and an early review is shared and posted in my comments board at my multiply page. I'm excited already to get amazed and also disappointed in seeing this movie, thats why i save a lot of my expectation for the film.

you can share your reviews and post it here at my multiply resiklo vs. mech warrior blog page

here are some of the review posted there.

But this Resiklo, i felt Ill on my sit & i want to walk out if i just don't have someone with me who might call me "KJ" so i still watched half my eye open. pretending to be watching. i really felt the pain of paying 130PHP for this movie and i just hope i waited a while to watch it in Youtube for free because i will not continue watching it at all.Oh, no!!! i think i should say they should have paid me for watching this disgusting movie on the first place. However, this review i think is enough to announce to people not to patronize IMUS PRODUCTIONS produced movies or the 2nd RESIKLO if there may. now i understand why people want Pirated DVDs/VCDs its because its really not worth the money. and Oh!!! in case i just knew resiklo has been this devastating, i wouldn't even bother Buying a Pirated Copy of this!!! -posted by aseneta, source : www.critiko.blogspot.com

There is not much to like about Resiklo, yes. I admit that. It could be better. But you have to admire Imus Productions for daring to take a risk and take a step forward in Philippine Cinema. It may have been quite a fumbly step, but at least they took it and showed everyone that it is possible for Pinoys to make a decent effects movie, even at a Hollywood substandard budget.Unlike the other production outfits who just play it safe, churning out only sequels to their money-makers like "Mano Po 255" or "Enteng Kabisote 306: The Legend Never Ends". - posted by BJ

Post a Comment

8 Comments

Errol_to_pre said…
Puhlease! I just watched this feeble attempt by the quintessential "scion of trapo" Bong Revilla to raise the quality of Filipino cinema. It's no more than propaganda to keep him in the limelight & in the minds of the voters for next elections. Nice robots. BAD FILM! I watched it with my girl who is totally bakya all the way! At least i have another excuse to break up with her.
mon said…
Hey Az! how's it going back home? anyway I chanced upon this movie trailer too in youtube, and my spirits were uplifted for a while, seeing that at least some people are braving the first step outside of "Enteng K or Mano Po" wahahaha!!!

well, I was wondering If i could ever see this film, but after reading the reviews, well, I must say, thanks for watching it for me. hehehe...

let's hope this just opens the eyes of the audience to demand quality entertainment. I think the Filipino deserve it after all.

Happy New Year!
@ramon
yo dude! didnt know that you are outside the country ahhaah.
its great to see you drop a comment here.

well, i may wait for the video release of it.
coz i know the effects will look better in our tv set than the movie screen.

its a great attempt for them. but needs alot more improvement.
Boboy said…
You know, after being fooled in watching bong revilla filmfest entry AGIMAT in the movie theaters before, I learned my lesson to not watch any entry by bong. Usually they show the best bits on the trailer and theres no real surprise when you watch the whole movie. Add to the fact that its shitty and no amount of CGI can cover it up. A shameful display really.
@boboy
thats why i'l wait for a copy of it in home video.
blank said…
hahahah! bunch of craps! stop whining about the movie you guys. whether it was a good film or not, you guys watched it anyways! so who won? ang tatalas ng dila nyo kala nyo kaya nyong gumawa ng ganun. by reading your comments, you all sounded envious because you haven't had the chance to "try" and take the risk to do a fragile project such as this one. so stop all your 'crabbings' until you can prove that you can do CGI's the way Riot Inc. did in Resiklo in just four freaking months! much respect.
a good day to all.
Lace Llanora said…
@blank

Totally agree with you, working in an IT company I know how hard it is to complete a project, much so with a CGI movie. I think whiners are losers too, if they think they have the right to trash movies like these, what are their credentials? I bet they can't even come up with a decent flash animation. And they pretend they support PINOY artists, then what the heck is this? Truly, crab mentality is still alive in these people.
Unknown said…
I'm a CG artist, and I've made a fanfilm (which won me an award from Raymond Red himself). I know how hard the logistics, production, and post-production are, especially now I do the CG work professionally.

HOWEVER, having said that...Resiklo boils down to: awesome CG,predictable plot, and bad dialogue. I like Resiklo better than Exodus though, if only because it was more engaging than Exodus. BUT there is no excuse for mediocrity whatsoever. And not all critics are whiners. Critics are here to ensure that standards are being met (Film/Art/Literary Criticsm are actually courses in some of our biggest universities).

In the end, it's not about crab mentality. It's about the desire for good films and not just good CG. I can place "Resiklo" on the same level as, say...Fantstic Four.