What the? why Photobucket?

I received a weird email from Photobucket, I almost panic that they might cancel my account, and I have lots of images stored in my albums and I no longer have back up copy on some of the album. They said that there's something wrong on my way of linking images to my blog, using photobucket images link. I said to myself, wtf?!! I don't even link it, because I only embed the pictures in my blog. Then they emailed back and I almost did some short actions, but their 2nd email is a correction of errors that they sent me. wth ?!!!

You can read more the notice below and if you relink the images on the wrong way, its best that you change it and they might cancel your account.


Dear Azrael,
It has been brought to our attention that you are incorrectly linking content from your Photobucket account around the Web. We would kindly request that you please begin making the appropriate changes to your links as quickly as possible as to avoid any future disruptions to your service. You are incorrectly linking to the Photobucket servers instead of the 'i' for some (or all) of your links off-site.

You will need to go in and manually change all of your links to reflect the 'i' instead of the Photobucket servers. Please see the examples below.

Incorrectly linked files look like this:
http://photobucket.com/albums/aa123/username/filename.jpg

An example of a correctly linked file should look like this (notice the 'i'):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/aa123/username/filename.jpg

Note: You should copy the Direct Link code from your Photobucket album in order to resolve the issue.

On March 24th, 2008 at 12pm ET, Photobucket will begin disabling all incorrect links. Please begin correcting your links as quickly as possible as to avoid any disruptions to your service. Even if your links are disabled after the March 24th deadline, as soon as you fix them, your files will display as intended again. Please feel free to contact us at mislinking@photobucket.com if you have any questions or concerns. Your promptness and assistance with this matter is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Your Photobucket Support Team


and then after few hours they emailed back, I was about to check out my account and my link to my blogs, I got tons of posting and I don't even have the idea which post contains the errors. Well it means that Im not talking to a robot. I'm glad that they contacted me before do a lot of changes.

If you recently received an email from Photobucket titled “You are incorrectly linking from Photobucket” please ignore this message. This email was sent to you in error. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Rest assured that all of the links to your images and videos continue to work. Keeping your media safe and secure, and providing reliable hosting of your photos, images and videos is our primary concern. We thank you for your patience in this matter and your continued support.

The Photobucket Team
http://photobucket.com


Post a Comment

0 Comments