Pinay coffee artists now in Martha Stewart show and Ripley Museum

The image “http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/253/distracted1e4e3b6lf2.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Distracted, 20 in x 14 in

If you're thinking of drinking coffee, hot or cold. Then you're reading my blog post in a different way of thinking that this coffee is not for drinking, its an ART !

Sunshine Plata, a now world class artist who do art like-painting using coffee grounds, and now she's being featured in The Martha Stewart Show in their episode - Art that fools the eye, and also as one of the highlights of a great art collection to be featured in the Ripley's Believe it or not museum opening on April in India and May in Texas.

Coffee Grounds
This coffee grounds painting was created in 2008 by Sunshine Plata from Manila, Philippines. The coffee grounds actually stain the paper, similar to how a water-color wash would work -- the more grounds you add, the darker the image becomes.


I just found out the news about it after reading a 7 day old email in our Artists' Den mailing list, and the artist is a member in our group and I do moderate it daily, I just read it and I thought that it was something for female topics because I just read a subject line Martha Stewart, but after reading it back again... I was surprised to discover that one of Filipino finest is now included in a Ripley Museum collection.

I haven't heard about this in our local news, and now I'm blogging it just to let everyone know that you should see this video of the show and be proud that another pinoy made it to the tops.
Congratulations to Sunshine Plata

truly..amazing!

you can visit her blog site for info and artwork samples at http://d1wata.wordpress.com/




for the Martha Stewart video, you can watch it here in this LINK

Post a Comment

3 Comments

Karen Joy said…
hello po! Magaling po talaga si Sunshine Plata! She's very creative! Azrael, meron po kaming nabuo na comic book series,kumpleto na po, paano po kaya namin ito maiipublish,, i'm 19 and don't have any idea kung paano namin maipapamass production ito. May small press po kami, ano po kaya ang magandang gawin sa aming comic book, ayaw ko naman pong ibenta. Please give me some ideas about publishing, permit or kung papano namin ito mailalabas for public interest din po.My email add at yahoo is ridenbrad@yahoo.com, thank you po.
... said…
what's the deviantart acct for artist's den? I used to hang out with you guys when I was back in the philippines. I was with shiney and dino. I miss them! Not only is shiney a great artist but a wonderful friend. Anyway i hope to keep in touch. See ya.
@dwaguns

our deviantart is

artistsden.deviantart.com

hope you can also join in our yahoo groups!