Eraserheads reunion concert 2008 - short updates and some other juicy news

The image “http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/1843/eraserheads5e5ecd5ad7.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Hi everyone, time now to blog about the come back concert and reunion of the "as they say" greatest pinoy rock band - The Eraserheads. I already came to the point that I decided to stop blogging the updates of this event, because I felt that there's nothing to be excited anymore, since I heard the news that the event is only for adults and not a public event. It's funny that many people tag me as the investigator of this concert stunt ahahahah..thanks guys!

But many of you are here, reading my blog for updates and also inquiring about on how to get the tickets, as of now I can't give a clear answer on where to get it, we are not yet sure if it is really Marlboro.ph run this ride for the concert, but today it is already August 2008, and the full details is not yet posted online at Marlboro.ph, I'm now having some 2nd thought that the event might carry a different brand, well..I'm not sure...

here are some cool updates and rumor I found. (see below)

1. CEO of Philip Morris sent a letter and it is now published in Howie Severino's blog, you can read the letter here, as you can see - they mentioned promotional events only, but they didn't mentioned Eraserheads or any reunion concert.

and here's an excerpt from the letter.

Please be advised that the promotional event you refer to is an invitation-only event, not open to the general public. It is restricted to our trade partners and to adult smokers who can obtain an invitation by registering on our adult-only access website... Invitations cannot be purchased and are not transferable.


2. According to some new registered Red list members of Marlboro.ph , they just received this text reply after confirming their registration that they should check out the website for a special announcement about an upcoming event. But many of the members are disappointed when they check out the site and still not yet updated. I checked it myself and I'm visiting the site everyday just to check it for updates, but no sign of any concert or announcement. Heard that the site will be updated next week. But my guess is that they will not publish that on the site and maybe email blast all the members about the invitation-only event.

3. Here's an interesting news I got last week. I got a news from a source that - let's say that this is only a rumor, even me can't confirm it, but after hearing this news, it is just interesting.

I heard that you need to present a 20 empty pack of the cigarette brand in order to enter the concert, there maybe a possibility that the concert can be opened to all.

Also heard that the band members will have a jamming practice for the concert and the practice session will last only for 1 day, a day before the concert, or days before the concert. Meaning, they will meet for 1 day only for a band practice and later on for the concert. I think it was part of their deal, but I'm not yet sure.

the event will be just a gig and not a concert, as I heard, and the event will just call them by their names and not using the Eraserheads as a band name, so weird di ba? but if you see their names in some posters, you can think that they really are the Eraserheads.

The gig will last only for 45 minutes, maybe it's just 5-8 songs.

- Ok, need to warn you that those info I got are only rumors..RUMORS, I'm just sharing it to you and maybe you too heard the same rumor.

Edit 1:
received an update that Ely and Raymund confirmed that they will play a long set and not only 8 songs.

4. Carlos Conde wrote an article "Why the Eraserhead's reunion concert sucks", it shook many heads of Eheads fans and burst them to post in their blogs, MLs, friendster post with the title " Carlos Conde sucks". In revenge of what they read on his blog.
But I won’t line up to watch this concert. In fact, I will declare here that, perhaps for the first time, the Eheads, in agreeing to do this reunion concert, did something really stupid, if not downright unethical. Their breakup, I totally get. But this… this just sucks. - (Carlos H. Conde/pinoypress.net)


at the end...... of my blog post.

but what if I say the "Eheads concert really sucks ???" will you do that to me. haahaaaha, No. I don't hate the band or this concert gimik, I just enjoy how it goes and excited to see the result. But hey! even they told us to present 100 packs of cigartte, I might even do it ahahahaa. just to watch this concert and listen to their music live before I get old and die. The Eheads concert doesn't suck. If you are a fan, you appreciate everything that is Eheads.

I do hope that they get a typo error when they release the official announcement, instead of presenting 20 packs.... i hope it will turn only 2 packs hahahaha. with out the zero.

see you on the next update. Shake yer head!

Post a Comment

2 Comments

Perry's Blog said…
Nag-confirm na ang Philip Morris, sila raw ang sponsor ng Eraserheads concert. Eto ang isang paragraph nila:

======
With regard to the Philippines, please be advised that the promotional event you refer to is an invitation-only event, not open to the general public. It is restricted to our trade partners and to adult smokers who can obtain an invitation by registering on our adult-only access website, where they must provide proof of age through a government issued ID. Invitations cannot be purchased and are not transferable. Controls will be in place at all entry points to the event to ensure that only persons with invitations are allowed to enter and to verify that they are adults by double checking their government issued ID.
======

eto ang sources:
http://blogs.gmanews.tv/sidetrip/blog/index.php?/archives/362-The-view-from-the-top-of-the-cigarette-industry.html
http://xyosi.multiply.com/photos/album/4/Philip_Morris_explains_their_sponsorship_of_the_Eraserheads_Concert
Perry's Blog said…
newsflash: nag-rehearse na ang eraserheads for the first time!

nasa sandwich mailing list:
==============

Subject:
[subsandwich] 1st practice Date: 8/6/2008 8:18:24 A.M. Pacific Daylight
Time From: _asmatik88@yahoo.com_ (mailto:asmatik88@yahoo.com)


last monday the erserheads met and rehearsed for the first time.

nobody knew what to expect. it was a little uncomfortable since we
havent communicated for a long time. but im pleased to announce that
the band was playing better than i ever remembered. i guess we all did
our homework haha.

i wont say how many songs we finished but it was a lot. there was a
lot of drums and no drama.

raym

==============