The X-Files: I want to believe - blog review and premiere night



I just saw the movie last night from a movie premiere at SM Megamall, and was surprised that I got an invite and plus a VIP seat to see the sequel movie of the X-files. I'm with Lace as and a friend and I got funny moments when I watch it, being a hyper fan of the X-files and the excitement of seeing the two FBI agents uncover another mystery and the unknown. I really WANT TO BELIEVE

We arrived early at the movie venue and I was looking for my friend who I will meet there to get our tickets, but then I met someone I know in the movie industry and we just talk about some X-files stuff and other upcoming movies under the Warner Bros label, then while I stand infront of the cinema and we are so busy talking and chatting, after our talk, Lace told me to look behind me and saw this crowd of people lining infront of me. ( read more below and see photos)

ahhahaha, we were laughing that these people lined up after me and thought that I started the line for the movie, I joked at the security guard that yeah, I got first in the line but still I don't have my ticket. I joked around too with some people behind me and told them my story that I was not there for the line, because when I walked and stayed there to wait for a friend, there's no line of people forming and I was surprised that they followed after me.. wow! I WANT TO BELIEVE.

We saw the movie and still having some short goosebumps, because watching the film makes me transported back on the year of the 90's were I watch the first season of the tv series X-files. In the middle of the movie, I just lost my mind and I'm way long comfortable on my seat, focusing on the dialogue and the revolving the love-drama-LQ-action-mystery-mind boggling- story of the movie. There are unexpected events that I surprises me , and there are comedy stuff that makes X-files enjoyable.

For viewers who will encounter X-files for the very first time, will not have any problems catching up the story, because there are some scenes that you will see that makes the character develop for the entire story, yeah we know that they chase these paranormal and UFO events in the previous tv series, but the event already closed its books. I recommend you should watch the first movie - X-files Fight for the Future, someone I know is not aware of the first movie, but because of this, I might watch it again on TV for the 3rd time ahhahaha.

The 1st movie is the most important element here, because the story of the 2nd movie takes place after the 1st movie, so if you watch the 1st movie, you'll understand more on what happened to them after that big encounter and some revelations on later part of the 1st movie.

For me, the movie is like an big 2 hour TV series, but this time we are not expecting something cool or sci fi-ish approach, I think its the main content of the whole series, not about monsters, demons, ghosts, green men, and government cover up tantrums, its all about the way of the X-files, how we deal with it and how we explain it. Its a big move for revealing the characters relation to each other and even how will they interact on the different world that they will face again. The movie is like a tribute to all Xfiles fans, someone told me that, but I'm trying to disagree that this is not for the fans, it is for the entire X-files series that hasn't got its own ending. You might know what I mean if you watch it.

Many X-files fans really wait for the on screen kiss of Fox Mulder and Dana Scully ( that's David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson), but for me I'm no longer excited to see that part, the only part that is more important in the entire X-files series is the POST CREDIT SCENE.

I just failed to see it myself, that's the reason why I saw some people stayed inside the cinema during the end credits and minutes ago, after I read some movie summary at Wikipedia, they just posted that post credit scene, which I got crazy and failed to see it. SO DONT LEAVE YOUR SEATS, wait till the end of the credits

and read on some Gillian Anderson fan blogs about the post credit scene.. oh my supernatural star and garters! I missed the big part.. hmmm I smell a third movie?

X-Files and the LOST?? hahahahahaha..

The X-files : I want to believe will be released to Philippine cinemas on August 13, 2008, from 20th Century Fox and distributed by Warner Bros.


more photos of the premiere ticket at The X-Files : I want to believe - movie premiere ticket

Trailer :


The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/459/500x500/1/CIMG2180.JPG?et=qDhx8pdK%2B7kq1h1SzhB9iQ&nmid=109420891” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/2/photos/459/500x500/2/CIMG2182.JPG?et=d7WVoiEwrReJaikQ0%2BbCXQ&nmid=109420891” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/2/photos/459/500x500/3/CIMG2183.JPG?et=fWzq5ptxsYJ8mLHnOVWX2Q&nmid=109420891” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Post a Comment

6 Comments

Lily Grace said…
HAHAHA BUTI NGA SAYO!!! hahaha!!! sorry ka na lang.. but if you want to... nuod ka na lang ulit XD para makita mo yung end credit with your own eyes :D

Thanks for the unspoiled review.... Can't wait to see it
Lily Grace said…
oh another thing.. thanks for posting the invitation pic.. awww.. very very very nice.
@lily
hahahaa..grabe..manonood nga uli ako nyan maybe next week..para lang makita ko yung sa may end credits.

heard may exhibit ata and PXP sa monday? hehhe..san venue kayo sa premiere ? miss ko na kayo taga Pinoy X-Philes
Lily Grace said…
7:30pm sa Glorieta cinema 3 ^^ pero 3pm nandun na kami to set up the exhibit. hay.. di ko alam kung may table provided.. sabi wall lang daw :( We'll see what we can do ^^
@lily
thanks!!!! daan ako bukas
para makita ko uli kayo hehehhe.

btw, im lurking sa ML since noon pa.
sana may table...you can request naman e... agahan nyo ng request para makahiram agad sila

good luck sa inyo... i'll take photos din..hehhee
Lily Grace said…
Thanks for the support Az. I know you'll be there for us kahit lurking lang.

See you tomorrow.