3rd Toys and Collectibles Christmas Fair 2008 - DAY 3 final report

http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/662/500x500/211/PC210227.JPG?et=%2Bp%2BVklugonkAzik1u6DBBw&nmid=152098933

This is my final report on Day 3 of our event, and the photo above is ME posing infront of the funny poster design I did for our event, the concept of villain characters in their toy figure wearing a Santa hat, the concept is that "there is always a good side in every bad guys".

I arrived at around 3PM and I just missed the raffle and games for kids conducted by participating toy groups (which is I'm part of it) namely Toy Soldiers 1:18 ( GI JOE group club) and Transformers Philippines. The game is for the Bantay Bata children and the stage games includes funny games like you see in birthday parties, and also Transformers Ph. trademark game of Transforming speed contest. Prizes were given courtesy by the event sponsor and also by TFPH sponsor GreatToysonline.com . ( read more below)

I went back to the toy fair grounds and saw that the live toy auction is still hot and the auction was hosted by Chaz of Action Figure Philippines and Papa Bear of Toy Soldiers 1:18, I checked out the toy auctions item and just inquired the priced of each toys listed, I'm just trying out my luck if there are any toys that are a big jackpot for me, but the items are a little bit pricey so I decided to decline the bidding offers, I met some toy collectors in the area and they shared to me their latest toy hauls and winning bids of items from the auction, they told me about that big Pink Panther toy, which I heard that it stopped from a cheapest price bid. Then at the back of the bidding activity, I met my friends at TFPH and Toy Soldiers 1:18, they are preparing the balikbayan boxes for the toy drive donation for the Bantay Bata 163.

Toy Soldiers got 2 boxes, while TFPH has one box, then my sister's group JVKV Fan Lounge has a tons of goodies, Ricky Tinio and Wrestle Freaks got 3 bags full of action figures, and Comic Odyssey with a box of mint in box toys and action figures, which it freak us out, because we got surprised to see our friend and owner of Comic Odyssey to donate all those items for charity, I even clown around in stealing a Simpsons action figure haahah, but I returned it back inside the box, I did it just for laughs.

Then I roam around the venue to find out some good finds of items, because I got disappointed on my 2nd day for not taking home any toys from the toy fair, but after roaming around I spotted this Php 150 priced Evangelion military figures, so I both two set of that, Rei Ayanami and Asuka Langley, it was a cute toy and I showed it to my friend Mark Santos who is a big fan of Asuka Langley character. Then I brought with my the TFU Hound toy, and showed it around with my friends, there we were amazed on the good quality of the toy, the sharing activity is part of our original concept back in TFPH for a minute of toy appreciation. Its an activity were we play around with the toys and show it around.

After some minutes, I met some cosplayers who are in their costumes ( of course) who are doing a cosplay tripping minutes around the venue, and after that we have this tv taping and photo op by TV Patrol, all of our friends and group were there at the tv taping and photo op session, which is very nice because we were wearing our group uniform.

then after that hour, the gift giving and donation for the Bantay Bata 163 was held at the stage of Manila Toys and Gift Show, all participated group and exhibitors donated their own stuff on stage and a representative of the benefiaciary is on stage to accept it all. Then we present the toy auction money collection, I was surprised that we raised P25, 000 in total cash for 3 days, there we thank everyone who donated some items for charity and also for shelling out a 10% share of some auctioned items. Also we gave the partial collected money from the entrance fee, and because it was heavy, we didn't know how much is that. It was a great feeling to do this thing, and it was my first time, and our first time to participate in a charity event drive and we are happy that the kids will receive it and I know their Christmas will be more great this year.

Thanks to my dear comrades for participating and it was a big mission accomplished. Then after the event, we were invited to have snacks and cocktails at the conference center, there we shared each other our feeling and joy for making the charity event successful, I just hope that we did this in the previous years, but for now we know how it goes and what requirement is needed to have this charity event, we decided to do more, help and give some contribution for the needy.

After that, everything went back to normal, the night is getting late and many people are still coming in taking a last shot of their shopping minutes, I was wishing that someone might buy me a Transformers movie leader class Brawl, because the price today is on sale and damn cheap for only P999, but it doesn't fail me that day, because Mark Cerbo bought the TF classic Bumble Bee and gave it to me as gift, I got surprised that he bought that for me during the event hahahaa thanks bro. Then later on during the egress of the event, 2rats owner Dennis Tekiko gave me a Helicopter mini RC as a xmas present, I got all smile that night and it was fun talking to him and reminiscing all those funny stuff we did when we were both starting on the same business, but I admire him the most for reaching up the top and became an authorized toy dealer in the country and through out Asia.

It was a fun event, and a very different event from all event that we participated through out the year.

so that's all folks for my small report on what happened on the day 3 of the 3rd toys and collectibles Christmas Fair 2008. See you all again next December 2009.

Merry Christmas!

- Azrael Coladilla
www.azraelsmerryland.blogspot.com


more photos in my album at 3rd Toys and Collectibles Christmas Fair 2008 - DAY 3 ( last day)


http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/662/500x500/8/PC210009.JPG?et=%2BWEigfPR8FjQPIJ8WQLZIA&nmid=152098933

http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/662/500x500/21/PC210022.JPG?et=dy8BzkVMKY%2BqOcyJhdalfw&nmid=152098933

http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/662/500x500/24/PC210025.JPG?et=7Rb9yn0qqqTu7Va%2BpTQn0w&nmid=152098933

http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/662/500x500/33/PC210034.JPG?et=cr4eoUuNOG16AvzwW01%2CvA&nmid=152098933

http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/662/500x500/55/PC210056.JPG?et=2wVOfJILmZ%2CCpc0rR04hHA&nmid=152098933

http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/662/500x500/113/PC210117.JPG?et=DwdSs0qLd7oAQV%2Cp2w3X0w&nmid=152098933

http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/662/500x500/120/PC210127.JPG?et=T05u3tEZD1W5BiZ8zeo7cA&nmid=152098933

http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/662/500x500/163/PC210174.JPG?et=s0QmuT%2CXTNVTk1ufTJrIZQ&nmid=152098933

http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/662/500x500/180/PC210191.JPG?et=j59PbIuEEOpgmvuzUdTwuA&nmid=152098933

http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/662/500x500/205/PC210221.JPG?et=Cm1dRKMOZ%2C1bLp0DMMNz0Q&nmid=152098933

http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/662/500x500/208/PC210224.JPG?et=j9dxsJy5hxh8FcHsRWW1fQ&nmid=152098933