Remember 9-11

This is a photo blog special here in my blog, I'm featuring lots of photos that I found in the net in memory of the tragic 9-11. I remember that I was in a middle of production work in a studio in Manila, when I saw this shocking live tv coverage by CNN, after figuring out what was going on, I immediately texted my family and inform them to watch the news, and I guess I was a little late on the big news. Then I thought it was just a small deal, an airplane crashing into a building, but then I realized it was a terrorist attack. Let's all remember the 9-11 incident and pray that it will never happen again.  Check below for a series of photos from real photographs to pop culture tribute.
check out also http://makehistory.national911memorial.org/

9-11: September 11, 2001 (The World’s Finest Comic Book Writers & Artists Tell Stories to Remember) cover art by Alex Ross
The Hindsight of Benefits - Don MacPherson on the 9-11 benefit books
via


via

September 11, 2001
September 11, 2001
via 
David Filipov looks for a picture of his father, Al Filipov, at the Tribute WTC Visitor Center in New York City. The center is run by the September 11th Families Association as a museum and memorial to the victims and history of the World Trade Center and the 9/11/2001 attacks. Filipov’s father was on American Airlines Flight 11, the first plane flown into the towers. (Scott Lewis) (via Remembering September 11th - The Big Picture - Boston.com)
David Filipov looks for a picture of his father, Al Filipov, at the Tribute WTC Visitor Center in New York City. The center is run by the September 11th Families Association as a museum and memorial to the victims and history of the World Trade Center and the 9/11/2001 attacks. Filipov’s father was on American Airlines Flight 11, the first plane flown into the towers. (Scott Lewis) (via Remembering September 11th - The Big Picture - Boston.comVIA
 September 11, 2001
6:30am: I got up for school in a rush.  For some reason all my normal morning routines were thrown off, nothing seemed to be going right for me.  As I realized the strangeness of morning I stopped what I was doing and said out loud “something bad’s gonna happen today.” Then I was off to catch the bus.
7:30am: First hour photography class, nothing interesting happened.
8:30am: Second hour, little did we know that within the next fifteen minutes a plane was going to come screaming through New York.
9:15am: I’m walking the halls during passing time to get to my next class when I hear chatter about planes crashing into the World Trade Center.  When I get to my third hour class we decide to skip the days lecture and watch the horrors unfold before us on T.V.
10:00am: We watch as the second tower collapses
10:30am: We watch as the first tower collapses
For the rest of the school day all classes are watching CNN.
2:12pm: School gets out but buses are being held because the FBI has confirmed terrorist attacks.
3:00pm: I finally make it home only to discover that both my parents were sent home from work because of the events that had taken place.  My family and I watch the news together.
4:00pm: My family and I decide we’re going to drive around and watch all the panic stricken people line up by the hundreds to get gas.  We also go to the mall and take pictures of it’s empty lot and signs that read “With respect for family and friends across the country, Jacobson’s will close at noon today” and “Laurel Park Place is closed for the rest of today Tuesday, September 11, 2001”
5:00pm: Back home we eat dinner in front of the T.V. and I put a VHS tape in the VCR and start recording all the news channels.
Last night I watched that tape in tears as I saw people leaping to their death from the Twin Towers.  I sometimes try to put myself in the position of the people on those planes.  What was going through their minds as they were headed straight for one of the tallest building in the world?  I try to imagine being in the World Trade Center above the impact; how would I plan my escape? Or would I just call family and friends to say goodbye?
It’s terrifying to think about.
via


[image]
The Falling Man. A man, whose identity remains unknown, falls headfirst after jumping from the north tower of New York’s World Trade Center after it was atacked on Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2001. This now-famous photograph has become iconic, and inspired an article in Esquire magazine, and a later documentary movie. (AP Photo/Richard Drew)  via The Big Picture (also via bluejackal tumblr post)
via 

Not a comic: The 9/11 Report: A Graphic Adaptation uses a comic book format to tell a straightforward story from the government's 9/11 Commission report.

Not a comic: The 9/11 Report: A Graphic Adaptation uses a comic book format to tell a straightforward story from the government's 9/11 Commission report.
via

Captain America and the World Trade Center  - marvel-comics fan art
Captain America and the World Trade Center - Marvel Comics 620x78



The 144-page comic book, created by graphic artists Sid Jacobson and Ernie Colong, distills a complex story into a timeline anyone can grasp.
via


via


via 


and here's my 2013 tribute blog post (lifted from Flickr posts)


9/11 WTC Photo

9/11 WTC Photo

9/11 WTC Photo

9/11 WTC Photo

9/11 WTC Photo

9/11 Memorial

9/11 Lights

9/11 Memorial, New York



9/11 Bell

September 11th news

September 11th news

September 11th 2007-9