Feast of the Black Nazarene 2010 : Raon, Carriedo and Ronquillo st.

P1089715
After the mass, me and my sis decided to eat our brunch in Wah Sun restaurant, we have this some sort of celebrating the feast after the mass by filling our tummy with good food, almost every year we always eat there at Cho Nam food house and Lola Elys, but this time we decided to walk across Raon st. going to the other side of Avenida to eat our favorite resto since we are a kid with our family. Wah Sun was formerly known as Sun Wah during the 90's and it was funny and didn't know the reason why they switch the name and family name.

While ordering, I didn't know that Wah Sun is also owned by Ambos Mundos resto, the oldest restaurant in the Philippines established since the 1800's. Okay, since I'm already carrying my camera, I decided to take some pics while we walk to our lunch venue. Doing a photo walk is fun, but we need to be careful in being alert with the surroundings and be safe carrying our camera gears. I'm so glad that we arrived the Raon St. after some blowing firecrackers. Lots of lion and dragon dancers are visitng each stores, some of them got lucky to do a lion dance and receive good money for good luck from the tsinoy business owners.

IMG_0138
The only thing I will miss here is the street food. awwww. I carry a P500 bill and seems that the stalls dont have a change for it. I saw the lumpia gulay and lots of suman. I will horde some street foods next year.
(more pics below)

IMG_0128
entering Raon st.

IMG_0129
my sis watching some lion dance nearby

IMG_0130
lion dance. I also saw a mini lion dance that was performed by kids hahaha.. cute!

IMG_0132
rawr!

IMG_0139
street food! yay! sarap nitong mga kakanin

IMG_0146
marching band prepares..

IMG_0148
oh wow! they are from Bacoor, Cavite. Same town where I live today

IMG_0150
carrying out the main banner

IMG_0151
I call this the leaning tower of Raon st.

IMG_0155
marching band started to march and play music

IMG_0161
me and a fire truck

IMG_0162
at the other side of Avenida near Ongpin

P1089705
Jesus calendar for sale

P1089709
kid carries the head of thei lion costume

P1089710
heads of the marching band members

P1089711
senior leader is very serious

P1089718
the muse smiling each other while marching at the front of the band

P1089720
torotot

P1089721
more bands

P1089728
in Carriedo

P1089730
Nazarene devotee fix his pedicab to prepare for the procession

P1089731
look what I discover! the Pagcor club in Ronquillo st. Palito and his band perform here every Wednesday night.