SM Cinema unveils their new deluxe seats

P4284521
SM Cinema unveils their new deluxe seats in SM Megamall Cinema 6 and its one of the 1st cinema theater of SM Supermalls to have a new and fresh seats using ergonomically and reclining seats. I tried one of the reclining seats last night at the advanced screening of Fast Five, I arrived late and then saw that seats are already occupied and the only vacant seats available are in the front. (more story below)

I didn’t expected that they have La-Z boy chairs located infront of the big screen, I don’t want to watch near the screen and my tradition is always get the middle part of the theater, but since the seats are almost filled up with people, the seats at the front are the only available, so no choice for me but to go there and watch the movie, as I sat in my reclining chair, I noticed that my location is after 4 rows near the big screen and I can say that I really enjoyed watching the movie and I feel comfortable.

After the movie, I talked to the big guys of SM Cinema and they told me that they are doing a big make over in all of their cinemas and they are now in the process of having a new deluxe seats in all 14 branches nationwide, but the La-Z boy chairs will be available only at the front of the big screen, that’s 3 rows of La-Z boy chairs and the rest are reclining and deluxe seats. They say that two cinemas in each SM Supermalls will have this kind of make over, and the 1st one to have for testing is the Cinema 6 of SM Megamall.

If you are asking if there are special rates or price for the La-Z boy chairs, I’m happy to discover that the seats have no special rates or price just like we know that they have in SM Directors Club cinema in SM MOA, but here, they offer it in a regular price of a movie ticket, the only catch here is that, it is a first come first serve basis for the La-Z boy chairs, this time people will troop down to the cinema early and get to the La-Z boy chairs first. I’m really glad that they finally added a new seats and this time, I’ll love to seat in their deluxe chairs since I really need a tumbler holder for my drinks and a nice reclining back chair for my big body.

I asked the big guys of SM Cinema what’s the science behind that I feel comfortable when I watch the movie near the screen using their new deluxe seats compare to the old seats that I feel dizzy when I’m infront of the screen, then they answered quickly that the reclining chairs help us get a great view and instead of raising our necks, we can just sit back and extend our body using the La-Z boy chairs and deluxe seats and we can get a nice comfortable position in watching the movie near the big screen. After that It makes sense to me, because I was amazed at the first place, I remembered that this is not my first time sitting on a deluxe seat or La-Z boy chair, and then I figure out that the screen is much bigger in all SM Cinema compare to other cinemas and seats are much more different because their screens are not that big and it is balanced on the view of the reclining seats and screen. But here in SM Megamall Cinema 6, I felt a funny thing that it feels like my first time to seat in a reclining chair ahhaahha.

I heard that the next make over is at SM North.  oh wow! I hope they can install some seats in IMAX theater. 

What do you think of the big makeover of SM CInema?

a P4284527_stitch
panoramic view inside the cinema

P4284526
my movie ticket

P4284525
a close view of the La-Z boy chair

P4284523
me…in my jogging attire LOL

P4284522
a view after 3 rows

P4284521
another view

P4284519
the new deluxe seats of SM Cinema

Add SM Cinema in Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/smcinema

Visit their website at
http://www.smcinema.com/