Perigee Moon of January 30, 2010 (Manila, Philippines)

perigee  moon shot by azraelcoladilla with mark
click here for the large photo

The full moon is at it's biggest view from Earth, making at 14% much more bigger and you can see the crater with your naked eye. I noticed this full moon last January 28, 2010 and I am in Cebu City that time, then after logging into the internet, I saw that the Philippine Astronomical Society posted a news that there will be this Perigee full moon on January 29th according to the spaceweather site, but here in Manila it will be around January 30, 2010.

I took the photo as soon I arrive in Manila at 730pm and traveling back in Cavite and this moon is taken around 9pm.  The moon is much bigger around 7pm and my photo is the highest peak location of the moon in the sky, Also planet Mars is in it's closest range with Earth, I try to find it and I think the brightest red star I see is Mars.

I used my Olympus E520 with 42-150mm lens without any UV flter ( I removed it to avoid the Moon's glare) and set it on spot metering and low exposure.