My Compaq C500 laptop is officially out of service

I almost encountered a massive data loss this evening as my laptop acted weird again and the hard disk just failed for the last time. My laptop is hosting a lot of media files and important documents from May to July 2010, and It fails on the night that I plan to back up my files and do some work online, then the blue screen of death is popping up in split seconds after the Windows XP logo during start up.

And after numerous tries of rebooting and installing a new OS, then my laptop seems to fail in detecting my HD, and thats a big problem, I decided to remove the sata hd and hook it up with this external sata converter with usb, i got this from Lace's brother in law in melbourne and Im glad that it serves a big purpose that I own a set of it at home. Now I got lucky that the files are still in there and I used my wife's ACER laptop to transfer all those files, with a total of 25GB in my WD passport drive.

I"m going to suspend some updates for awhile, and will try my best to grab a new laptop tomorrow. I'm glad that Google adsense payout is already here, that blog earnings will be helpful for my funding to buy a new laptop.

I removed my sata hd of my laptop already, so that I wont force my self to use it again and have that urge to buy a new one. Also, the old desktop we have here at home already broke down, same hd problems too.