Manila Bulletin launches 3D edition and e-paper (best viewed with 3D glasses)

PB199893
2009 and 2010 was the start of the year for the 3D revolution, from 3D digital cinema to 3D LED TV to 3D digital point and shoot cameras to 3D edition magazines and now comes the 3D edition for broadsheets. Manila Bulletin became the first to embrace the 3D revolution and it was the most discussed topic when they first release the 3D edition last September 24, 2010. I didn't even know that they published a 3D version and I just heard it from a blogger friend, who even bought back issue copies and I even requested from him to buy one for me, but I haven't got my copy yet because I always forgot to remind him to bring it when we will meet. Check out my story and review about their 3D edition. (more story below)

The 3D edition of Manila Bulletin comes with a 3D glasses and the entire newspaper is wrapped with a plastic to protect the 3D rendered photo images of the cover and also the 3D glasses. Although that the technology used in making 3D versions are an old style, like this 3D with red and blue colors, the 3D treatment is called anaglyphs. It is more different than stereoscopic, but I think that will work only in movies, but we have here a 3D anglyphs that will work only in movies and also in print. It is a first in the Philippines to have a 3D newspaper and I don't what will be the reaction of our pinoy readers that's why I asked them to comment and share their thoughts about the 3D edition of Manila Bulletin.

and here are our comments from our friends about Manila Bulletin in 3D

"At last something visually refreshing on newspaper!"
- Jeff Siy

"I have the first issue at home and I love looking at it over and over again! I'm really amazed by how 3D is incorporated in the broad sheet now. Aside from the fact that I'm having fun reading the newspaper, I'm also having fun turning my paper in different ways just to play with the 3D figure I see"
- Sai Sayson

"It is indeed with Depth, Daring, and Dynamic. :)"
-BloggerManila.com

"I really want to try this 3D Newspaper! How much it cost?"
- Glamourmoments

"news will become more realistic because of this 3D newspaper. i really want to read this kind of newspaper. "
- phoenix06007

"I really want to try this 3D Newspaper! "
-liaochiling

mbfalse cover
high resolution version
Here's a sample page from Manila Bulletin, and if you have a 3D glasses at home, with the red and blue shades, you can wear it and see the photo here and you'll see the difference and hello to 3D glory. View the higher resolution version for best view of the 3D awesome-ness.

PB199888
here's another one

PB199894
one of the pages

PB199891
perfect 3D view of their cover. It will be better if they handed us out some complimentary copies, maybe they ran out of copies due to its demand. I forgot already when will be their next 3D edition print, so if you know the answer, pa post naman here sa comments.

Manila Bulletin also launched their FREE e-paper edition, its an online edition of their print version and you can read and even download it to your desktop, this is another great offer by Manila Bulletin and I'm glad that it is free, other newspaper requires you to pay for their added online services, but Manila Bulletin delivers the e-paper edition for FREE, all you need to do is register and log in, and you can now read their back issues and the new issue. Visit www.mb.com.ph and click the menu on their right sidebar, there are 3 kinds of e-paper there.

-- manilabulletin ePaper --_1290471376977

-- manilabulletin ePaper --_1290471361474
The e-paper can also be read using an Apple iPad, all you need to do is download the app at http://itunes.apple.com/ph/app/manila-bulletin-mobile/id393490275T

watch the video presentation


and here are some photos from the event launching
PB190008 PB190023
that's me wearing the 3D glasses, glad that I made it to this event kahit na yung invite was around 1 hour before the event mag start. Hope next time they should invite us a day before the event para we can prepare naman , it was a wacky and crazy event with our blogger friends and check out Abet's face after winning an Apple iPad. Thanks to Nuffnang for the 1 hour invite hehehe.

All the crazy action was caught by my Flip video camera - check -
Az video blog at Manila Bulletin 3D new media event


PB190021 PB190014
Noelle on cam, and the drinking game participated by Ed, Elyoo, Abet and Mika Lagdameo

PB199988 PB199982
Beauty bloggers will dance here :)

PB199983 PB199978
Phoebe and partner / Manila Bulletin shares their story about the 3D edition

PB199974 PB199969
wear your 3D glasses

PB199968 PB199944
Ozy and Jonel vs. the singing acoustic models

PB199938 PB199926
event host Vince and Hannah / Shen is checking out the sample pages

PB199920 PB199900
Jeman, Jane and Alex / Shen with people from Nuffnang and Manila Bulletin.