"For Poor people sign" posted in Greenbelt 4 captured by @jploh / Ayala Mall officials said it was posted by a prankster


Real or PRANK ?

This photo is now circulating on the net, I first saw this photo posted at plurk and then now in Facebook.  My Facebook friend Bob posted also the source of this photo - http://twitter.com/jploh/status/50792676181819392


then the guy posted his original photo copy of the sign  here

At first, Im thinking that the photo is fake and edited, then the @jploh said on his Twitter that he saw the sign along Esperanza Drive near Greenbelt 5 side. He also posted some copies of the original photos from his camera, I saw that the camera flash bounces on the sign, and now I can say that the photo is not a fake.

Then Bob said
@Az: Me & wife saw a sign that says "THIS IS A PRIVATE, CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENT." but I didn't paid much attention to the following statement. The sign looks exactly as the one posted above. Saw that in front of TimeZone GB3 (at the entrance towards the Cinema Ticket Counters)

I saw this kind of sign months ago,  I think it is posted near the escalator in GB3
, but I know that the "poor" sign is not there. But I can't explain why Greenbelt posted that sign there in GB4.

What will be the words of Greenbelt management after the release of this photo. I love Greenbelt malls, but I'm disappointed what I read on the sign and looks like they are discriminating poor people to enter their mall, I just hope that this is fake and then I want to see Ayala Mall Management to take actions and find out who posted the sign there.

From the Exif data of the photo, Flickr detected that the photo was captured by the use of HTC Desire phone. oh no!!! the photo looks not edited :(

Good work for @jploh for taking this photo, if I saw that too, I'll take a pic too and posted it here in my blog. I remember that in Market Market Mall at the food court area, they prohibit people in getting water at the drinking station to refill an empty bottle of a mineral water.

Dates

Taken on March 23, 2011 at 10.43pm PDT (edit)
Posted to Flickr March 23, 2011 at 11.14PM PDT (edit)

Exif data

Camera htc_wwe HTC Desire
X-Resolution 72 dpi
Y-Resolution 72 dpi
Date and Time (Original) 2011:03:23 22:43:13
Software Camera 360
Image Description Camera 360
Orientation Horizontal (normal)

Ok..let the investigation begin!

--

I just researched and saw that this is a similar prank case like what happened in Honolulu
and here's one in England were a prankster posted a sign that is legal to pee in a public place

I feel that after this incident, a group of prankster in Manila will rise, we should get ready and catch them once we spotted one.

--

@jploh shared this to us, Zarah Hernaez from Ayala Malls replied via Twitter to clear things up
http://twitter.com/#!/zeeheehee/status/50810415894102017

-------
and finally!!! Ayala Mall's reply
via http://www.facebook.com/notes/ayala-malls/on-the-fake-greenbelt-signage/201638379860118

On the Fake Greenbelt Signage

by Ayala Malls on Thursday, March 24, 2011 at 3:57pm
This is regarding the alleged signage that has been posted today, 24 March 2011, at the Greenbelt mall, a photo of which has been circulating online. This signage is not authorized and is not part of Greenbelt’s official mall signage.

The Ayala Malls Management does not tolerate such pranks and is currently investigating the matter. We shall be coordinating with the proper authorities for corresponding actions to be taken.

We would like to reassure everyone that Greenbelt is for the enjoyment of the public and the community it serves.