The reign of the Pinoy Junior Masterchef is coming in ABS CBN this Aug 27

P8100916
I remember that everyone talked about the Australian version of the Junior Masterchef that was aired in our local tv, it was a buzz that reached in the circle of social media individuals to make the show do a little viral, I’m not aware of that show and when I switch on the tv and jump into that local channel, I saw that these kids are super and master chefs already for me, because they cook like the real deal and their presentation of food are very professional. Its like the Masterchef show, but here for the kids version, the bashing and straight to the point comment of the masterchef judge is very mild and with lots of advice given to the kids if their food is not good or lack some tastes.

For the upcoming Junior Masterchef Pinoy Edition that will air in ABS CBN on August 27, 2011, the Philippine tv scene and trend will change and cooking will reign, just like the trend of badminton, running, football, Beyblade and the popularity of Azkals team, the show will bring cooking and inspiration to people who want to be chefs and kids will be expose at an early age to try the art of cooking and introduce people to appreciate food and be a master foodie.

More story below

I’m excited for this show and I didn’t expected that it is here already, the host of the show is our super celebrity actress, restauranteurs and mom Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo, who is back on local tv after giving birth and she said that the original plan is to go back in showbiz after a year, but then the offer for the show came and her interest in cooking will inspire her more to be a better chef, she immediately accepted the show without consulting her husband Ryan Agoncillo, but then it was okay for her husband to do the show because both of them are fans of the US and Australian version of the Junior Masterchef.

Chef Jayps,Chef Lau,Judy Ann, CHef Ferns__photo by Ryan Ramos
Juday will not be alone, because she will be joined by our world-renowned Filipino chefs Fernando “Ferns” Aracama, Rolando “Lau” Laudico, and JP “Jayps” Anglo in the newest reality franchise from the group that brought you phenomenal hits “Pinoy Big Brother,” “Pinoy Dream Academy,” and “The Biggest Loser Pinoy Edition..”

Juday shared to us that its so hard to cook than the act for tv or movies, and managing a restaurant at an early stage is a learning ground for her, that’s why she studied culinary arts because she wanted to get more knowledge in cooking and it will be helpful for her in the future when she opens up a new restaurant. Opening a resto is not easy and the competition is tough according to her, So that’s why she decided to focus on her own appetite and try more food before she starts to open her own restaurant. “Its better to know and be aware about food and resto, so that’s why I studied culinary arts. Because I want people to come back to my resto if ever I have one in the future.” Juday said.

”It’s a dream come true for me for this show. I’m watching the AUS version of Junior Masterchef show and I can’t believe that we have our own pinoy edition and at first, I don’t know if anyone will patronize or join the show, so when they offer the show to me, then I saw the logo, I got teary eyes after it. Because I love the show and I’m a fan of it.

I’m nervous, because I’m not really a host, all I do is act and do drama, and attend set for the taping, but here I need to be prepared and settle my emotion in confronting the kids and parents, it’s a learning process for me because its different from acting and hosting is new to me, I’m ready to be criticize with my hosting stint, and for me it’s a privilege , because there are many actors who are chef, and I ‘m not yet a chef, I need to learn more and continue to study culinary arts and then in the future people can call me Chef Judy Ann. Hihihihihhi.

My original plan is to go back to work next year, but the flow changes when the show arrives, I accepted it immediately and it’s a tough decision to make for me. In every project I accept, whenever I got teary eyes during the script or knowing about the scenes, for me the show will be beautiful , but here, when I saw the logo and the arena for tv, I got teary eyes and I loved the show already, because I know it will be successful.

chef Ferns: We are not judges, but we are mentors. We are like their dads. As a mentor, we want to see the kids do improve in cooking, so we encourage them and tell them what they can improve more and be inspired to be the best cook.

chef Lau: In the kitchen, its like that you are in the army, you will be shouted and stuff like that, but here in the show, its different, if their food is not good, I can tell them the good part of it and tell them what they can improve, but wont tell bad things to them.

chef Jayps: Its important to validate the kids for their skills, because it is not a joke to cook dishes with time limits and with judging and then cook it in a different place, you will be surprise that you thought that they are fragile, but they are strong children and they can take the pressure, just like me when I was a kid. In the show, here you can see the kids bloom, and we validate the action of the kids for the positive things they do which made them smile.

“She’s the perfect choice as host for Junior MasterChef. Her passion for cooking and love for children come out naturally in the show. At first, she was still adjusting but eventually you can already see she’s enjoying and how she’s able to become an inspiration to the kids,” according to ABS-CBN Business Unit Head Laurenti Dyogi

Junior Master Chef Pinoy Edition will start on August 27, 2011 at 6:45pm in ABS CBN.
Watch out also for the show's primer on August 20 at 6:45 pm, to get a glimpse and featurette about the show.

Be updated on the program, like the official Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/jrmasterchef or follow Twitter @jrmasterchef_ph.

here are some photos from the press con
P8101007

P8100956

P8100921

P8100774

P8100962

P8100950

P8101060

Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo 3

In terms of personality, Chef Lau is The Rebel, Chef Ferns is The Maestro, and Chef Jayps is The Traveler.