review: Hed Kandi Discotheque headphones

P7260350
Hed Kandi reminds me those energetic and moody club music that can make my feet stomp all the way until the music are finished, it also reminds of those vector artwork of Jason Brooks, and that popular song Ever After. But this time Hed Kandi take us more into music as they releases this cute and fashionable Hed Kandi Discotheque head phones, these colorful music gears are inspired from Hed Kandi’s name, style, groove and fashion. We tested it and used it for a day, and loaded my mp3 player with some club music and also Hed Kandi albums, it’s a long time already since I played those music, but I’m glad I went back to it again listening with the use of these cool Hed Kandi headphones. (MORE STORY BELOW)



so here’s the Hed Kandi Discotheque head phones inside the box

P7260327
The box and blister pack style shows a nice Jason Brooks artwork



P7260329
a clear blister pack shows the color and features of the headphones

P7260334
a side label showing the model of the headphones

P7260337
Local SRP Php 1,190.00

P7260342
tech specs are displayed on the side box


P7260345
unboxing the Hed Kandi Discotheque

You’ll be back on the mood listening to club music or any other genre of music, the color and style of this headphones can fit to any gender, even that the gear is blue and the wire is pink, its okay to say that this can fit for male music fans also. I don’t mind wearing it outside when I travel, it reflects a colorful aura because of its color style, I will love Hed Kandi headphones today because its different and unique for the moment, because I want to be different after I saw many people are using Beat headphones and some of it are fake ones. I just hope they don't pirate this headphones too.

There are other available colors, this one I have is Blue/Pink color, and then there's all Black, White/red and then purple/white (you can check out the color features here)

Here’s the tech spec
• Driver diameter: 40mm
• frequency response: 20-20,000Hz
• impedence: 32 Ohms
• sensitivity: 108 dB
• max input power: 100 mW
• cable length: 1.5m

here's a closer look on the head phones and my review

P7260353
Here's the frame and look of the headphones, earlier I mentioned that this can fit to any gender, my only problem is that they have only one size and this is small for me to wear, I'm a music freak and loves headphones and earplugs, I have lots of it here at home and the only features that I'm looking for is that the headphones should not be so tight and squeezing my ear and my head, but the Discotheque headphones are too tight and small for me, I guess the teens and females are okay to use this and also to guys who have small head, I suggest you test the headphones first before you buy it, because wearing headphones that are too tight in your head for a long time are very uncomfortable.

The style and frame are very classic, I encountered this kind of style back in the 90's when I bought a DJ headphones in Raon, but this one looks strong and the metal hard wire is very stylish, so when you adjust it, the features changes and it gives another set of look that you have a robotic antenna. I don't like the idea the the wire of the headphones are revealed, you should be very careful in adjusting the frame  to prevent the adjust wire on each phone be loosen up or stretched.

I also love headphones with one sided cable on it, this is the modern style of all headphones and I just don't like having double sided wires because they tangle to other wires and it can broke easily.

P7260351
I like the combination and gold plating look of the headphone jack

P7260352
The Hed Kandi Discotheque headphones cushion cap quality are common, the style and the leathery fabric that cushion our ears are common to all headphones, but I complained that this is too soft and light to have this for the Discotheque, you should be careful in storing your headphones and not place them under direct sunlight or cold places, because the headphone cushion damages easily (same thing that happened to my Skull Candy headphones), it can easily chip into pieces and later on those tiny fabric will stick to your ear. Don't wear this headphone if you plan to use it while jogging or running or even ride a bicycle, the material is very sensitive and it shouldn't get wet by rain, water or your sweat, if you did that it will start to have a bad odor and then breaks bit by bit.

P7260354
They should have covered the metal frame, I hope its a real stainless metal

P7260356
the rainbow effect color is here from the headphones up to the cable wire and the jack, the curly wire's purpose is that it stretches and added more length to your headphone wire, it also serves as a limit that you should not stretch the wire too much.

P7260359
Wearing it is nice, this Lego head statue holds my music gears at home,but here it shows that the frame are too small and it can only fit to teens and females.

P7260363
Connecting my Hed Kandi Discotheque headphones to my Philips Go Gear Aria that is loaded with lots of music and also podcast.

P7260364
Side view of the headphone when you wear it outside.

The Hed Kandi Discotheque headphone is very stylish and cute! I listened to some music on my player and I received a lot of bass on it, perfect for club and house music especially if you are into Hed Kandi music, this is a good gear to party music lover and also to wanna be DJs, my only problem for the audio quality is that the headphones never adjust to the right music feel and compare to other headphones that it works well due to large headphone audio receiver, but this Discotheque style has a small audio receiver only.

For guys and for me that looks for a headphones that can fit to our big heads, I think the Hed Kandi Disco Heaven is for us, because of its light wire frame and small headphones, I'm not sure but I'm going try that in the future.

My wife will own this headphones after reviewing this, she already set her eyes already after this item arrived last week and its funny that I already knew that females are the right target market for Hed Kandi headphones.

Hed Kandi Discotheque and other music headphones are available in these stores:
1. Power Mac
2. Power Hub
3. iStudio
4. Astrovision
5. Technoholics
6. Bratpack
7. Mobile 1
8. Xsite
9. 8 Telecom
10. Abenson
11. Electroworld
12. Digital Hub
13. Digital Walker
14. Beyond The Box

Let's enjoy listening to Hed Kandi music!