SMART Bro Rocket internet USB dongle speeds up to 12Mbps

Smart Bro Rocket Plug-It 1
This is a new addition to the SMART Bro internet USB dongle family, with up to 12Mbps internet speed that runs in the HSPA+ network, the next fast connection after HSPA  and 3G and the next level before LTE. The SMART Bro Rocket is now available in selected Smart store nationwide, price is P3,995 and with an open prepaid service that offers the fastest mobile internet for your PC and laptops.
(MORE STORY BELOW)

Here's the network coverage of HSPA+ as of no -  Metro Manila and some key cities in Visayas and Mindanao.

I’m not really sure yet if this will work if I use it here at home in Cavite, when I read that it is only available as of now in Metro Manila, I have already doubts that the connection reaching here in my area will be less than 12Mbps or might run at around 8Mbps, but what the heck, for me..that is already fast, but it will be great if I can receive a download rate of 12Mbps.  But I'm just saying that I;m not sure if the connection is good, since SMART signal here at home is bad, but the dongle and the speed will be effective for me if I use it in Manila since I always go there and do some of my work in  a coffee shop.

We still have a long way to go and wait for the launch of SMART LTE, and that will be around next year, so if you can’t wait for the fastest internet connection that speeds up to 60Mbps that SMART LTE gives, then we can start and use SMART Bro Rocket for the meantime. I’m glad that this one came out after their competitor’s release of their 5Mbps internet dongle, it’s a little bit pricey for me since they open it only for postpaid subscribers, but then I’m happy that SMART opened their new service for prepaid users like me.

I haven’t tried this Smart Bro Rocket yet, but I’ll post a review once I bought my own unit, I’m not really sure if the loading of the prepaid will be the same like the Smart Bro Starter kit (2Mbps) and the new Smart Bro Plug-it (3.6 Mbps), because both Sim and dongle can activate that unlimited surfing promo by Smart Buddy, I think I’m going to research that and see if we can do a unlimited surfing load to SmartBro Rocket.

According to the press release, regular browsing costs for Smart Bro Rocket is P10 per 30 minutes.


Smart Bro Rocket Plug-It 2
For more information, visit http://www.smart.com.ph.