Smart Rocket Wifi Plus - My new partner in blogging

P3286206
I got the Smart Rocket Wifi Plus yesterday and this includes on the top of my wish list, this gadget is sold out to some areas and I'm glad that my test unit is here already and ready to do hands on test. I'll be traveling for 4 days and I want a fast mobile internet connection, I like to use my Smart Netphone but I'm worried about the battery use if ever I use it to throw mobile internet wifi to my laptop, so instead of using the tethering settings, I'll just use the Smart Rocket Wifi Plus for my mobile devices and laptop.

This can connect to a fast connection up to 20mbs, it says on the box and its PR online, I'm very curious on how fast it is, but I'm more comfortable to receive a strong connection and a good speed for my mobile gadgets.

check out on my feature about Smart Rocket Wifi Plus here at http://azraelsmerryland.blogspot.com/2012/02/smart-brings-you-rockethigh-internet.html

I don't have yet a review, but I suggest you check out Pinoy Tech Blog's review here at http://www.pinoytechblog.com/archives/smart-rocket-wifi-plus-review

P3286207
You can experience a total of 20mbps and I heard it can go beyond 20mbps, the Smart Rocket Wifi Plus uses 4G HSPA+ connection and Smart has already set up some hot spots that already serve 4G HSPA+ in some areas, they are the lucky ones noh. I tried here at home in Cavite and it looks like that there's no 4G hot spots here and I'm still stuck at HSPDA connection, but that's okay. My only complain here is that our village is not Smart friendly :(

check out the coverage of 4G HSPA+ posted in Yuga's blog - http://www.yugatech.com/complete-list-of-areas-with-smart-hspa-coverage/

P3286208
Here's the Smart Rocket Wifi Plus and its a Huawei mobile wifi gadget, I thought on the 1st time that there will be a SMART logo infront


P3286214
Back of Smart Rocket Wifi Plus


P3286215
It looks like a cellphone, but there's a sim card and memory card inside, there's also a screen and indicator if there's a sms message, wifi signal, battery life indicator and a counter of MB download and timer.

P3286216
Its a portable modem and router, the setting is easy and its like setting up your own router and modem at home. It has its default gateway settings at http://192.168.1.1/

There's a misleading post in the manual and the password for the wifi set up is not "admin", and its "smartbro", I got a bad password notification after following that note in manual, I think that's the default for the Huawei and since its powered up now by Smart, we should always remember that sometimes the username and password shares the same input title.

The part also..is that I can Surf unlimited for a day

by texting: UNLISURF 50 to 2200

and check balance of load by texting BRO BAL to 2200

I forgot to mention that this Smart Bro Rocket Wifi Plus is prepaid, and you can buy this to any Smart center at price of P6,495.

The next time I travel, I'll try to connect our Samsung Tab 10.1 with the Smart Rocket Wifi Plus

Update: Sept 7, 2012
Here's my speedtest.net today, my location is in Starbucks 6750 in Makati City


to buy one unit online, click the banner below


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOqDfROljZZa1ZOQAN-IustOryt1rHjmlwwOjjV8T7AHy3tHOXTk1qa8p_Tu5e_yctlUDCmFgwLHgxmQZANvXW6eUAU_dYnG3jdAitlnZ5X8tbaBrnTL0coK4eVJHYsAz4LD-Q/s1600/smartbro_rocketwifi%252312B30E7.jpg