Heart break after a data loss incident

laptop recovery
It was the night of Good Friday when I experienced an unexpected HD failure and then after a few days I accepted the fact that all my data and content are all gone. I don't know what happened that night, I was just uploading photos in my Facebook album and then surfing my Facebook timeline and reply to some comments posted by my friends, while doing that a "blue screen of death" or BSOD pops up infront of me, I'm not sure what kind of BSOD on the screen but the next thing that I did is that I restart my laptop and continued on my photo upload and then after I moved the mouse pointer away from my browser, the BSOD screen came back again and after I restart....... Windows 7 no longer run normal.

So I quit that night and decided to fix the issue on my laptop, it could be a Windows 7 start up problems which I can reinstall right away using its own auto fix mode. I slammed to my laptop the morning that I woke up and then the horror started. HD becomes unreadable and Windows 7 is corrupted. I didn't panic right away because I already encountered this kind of laptop issues, I went to our computer room and grabbed my USB data transfer cable for my HD and then I attempted to recover my data, my 1st trial was to save the remaining data on partition table 1, after some minutes the transfer became successful, my 2nd trial is to save a massive data on partition table 2 and then it became difficult for me to recover everything because the corrupted area is present in partition table 2.

It took me a whole day fixing my HD and forcing it to recover the files, the HD was stressed and after the force data recovery, the HD gave in and now unreadable. That's a bad sign already...its hard to accept that all my precious data are all gone. Its a two month worth of data that are now deleted in a small rectangular device.

So I moved on and decided to have a fresh start.


laptop recovery
Here's the early notification from Windows 7 when they detected a problem going on in my laptop, I thought that the auto fix mode is successful, the next step surprised me that the HD is no longer readable




laptop recovery
I removed the HD from my laptop and used a USB data transfer hook up to transfer my files to my external HD passport, 10 % of data were retrieved that day.



laptop recovery
I woke up my old Compaq laptop to help me with this issue...it still performs okay and I love the big LCD screen and Altec Lancing speakers


laptop recovery
I reformatted the old HD drive from my old Compaq laptop and then transferred the old HD to my Acer laptop....reintstalled Windows 7 and then start over again.

The old HD already shows some slow performance and I can't multi task with it even if my Acer laptop runs on duo core processor, I'm very careful today and this old HD can save me more time to get a new HD drive. The hard part here is to reinstall and power up my laptop with the tools I need.

Here are the list of apps and tools that I will install
1. Firefox 11
2.Internet Explorer 9
3. Chrome
4. Epic Browser
5. Safari Browser
6. Microsoft Office
7. Microsoft Office Image Editor
8. Photoscape
9. Flickr Uploadr v.2.5
10. Photostop
11. Windows movie maker 2.6
12. Windows Live  - movie maker, live writer and photo viewer
13. Picassa
14. Google Talk
15. Yahoo Messenger
16. Microsoft Image Composite Editor
17. Video converter
18. VLC Player
19. Quicktime player
20. Recuva file recovery
21. Norton 360 anti virus
22. Olympus digial master studio
23. Epson driver
24. HP driver
25. Acer Crystal Camera driver
26. and many more..