Reason for my absent and slow blog updates

C360_2012-04-15-09-13-43_org

The photo above is one of my reason why I haven't been active lately in attending and covering events for my blog. Also my blog updates are slow today and it lacks good content to share and story to tell. The HD that I'm  using is a 2nd hand and it came from my old Compaq laptop, I used it again to replace the broken 320GB HD of this Acer laptop, the old HD is only 80GB and I found a way to lengthen the lifespan of this old HD and work on my stuff while I save money to buy myself a new HD.

I discovered the technique when I experienced 4 different HD crash after installing this old HD to my Acer,  I re install and do my work again, then I decided to reformat the HD again and get a half partition of the HD, now I'm running a 32GB size and I'm very careful in working and rebooting, because the Windows 7 start up is very slow and processing my PSD files are so slow, I also disabled the automatic Windows update because that's one the reason why my old HD crashes over and over again. I need to refrain from installing lots of software because the HD gets stress out and it fails after writing again and again.

Maybe in May 2012 I can replace this HD with a new one, I found a store in SM Cyberzone here in SM Bacoor, and they sell HD for laptop, and price is :

500GB - P4,800
640GB - P5000

Brand they offer is Hitachi and Toshiba.

What brand is the best ??
I want Seagate, but I don't know where to buy one and I'm sure the price is a bit high.