There's money in our trash

C360_2012-04-12-10-13-41
We dispose lots of trash everyday and every minute, and the photo above is just an example that we exchanged our trash into an instant cash. I didn't know that an empty bottle, tin can, broken glasses and etc are one of the things can buy you bread or one bilao of pancit canton. Now I understand why we have scavengers that collects these waste everyday in our street. Here in my photo example we earned P125 for a small quantity of trash we sold at a nearby junk shop, so what about those scavengers? (sorry guys,I don't know what will be the bests term for them, I just heard people call them "mangangalakal" or merchants), if they exchange a sack or more than a sack of garbage, they can earn more than P125... or maybe they can earn P500 per day, if ever they have regular suppliers of trash and waste in the area.

Last month, I researched on how I can re-use or recycle these dirty baby's diaper, its a tough challenge,but in other countries they recycle and convert dirty diapers into fibered roof and house walls and other objects, here in the Philippines there's no company that recycle dirty diapers and you can't sell it to the junkshop.
I hope there will be a solution on how we can re-use these diapers, they are so expensive and I want to make good use of it to other things.

Okay back to my topic. Turning trash to cash is an eye opener for me, Then I read about SM Supermall's campaign for Earth day this month and they are inviting everyone to visit any of their mall and exchange their trash into cash or exchange it for a SM Eco bag. I'm checking the details and I hope they can post details on what kind of recyclable materials needed to bring and exchange it for cash.

459308_360967043949533_265779500134955_1005432_98216944_o