Broken gadgets and tech drama

 2012-06-09 21.39.32
Acer 4714Z laptop and LG Optimus Black both in ICU

A day before the boxing event of Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley, I experienced a laptop breakdown and it left me crippled for days and I’m glad that my wife allowed me to use her laptop to post some updates and also finish some of my job for Toycon. Everything is going okay, then my LG Optimus Black died also…arghhhh

I was lucky that we already wrapped up for the collateral designs and promotion, and thanks to the almighty geek demigods that someone from team helped me finish the giant tarpaulins needed for the event and also stage dress up.

I tried to recover the old HD (dated 2007) but it was working fine although it was so slow and boot up will take you after 30 minutes to 1 hour. So I decided to cut its suffering and decided to get a replacement. The problem that I face is that I don’t have a 5k budget with me or 30k money in cash to buy a new HD or a new laptop, I think for a plan and I even revived the old HP Pavilion desktop PC running Windows XP, it still in good shape but the old PC can’t hold much longer when I do lots of multi tasking, the old PC runs a 2.4ghz Pentium 4, and the same problem is that the HD is already torn out and needed to be replaced. I used the old PC just to read emails, post Facebook status and also download drivers for my laptop because I installed Windows XP and I decided to downgrade and try if the laptop will run smooth if ever I downgrade to a lower OS, I even tried installing a Linux OS,but I failed hahahah.

2012-06-08 11.52.37
Startup repair almost half a day repair that it didn't finish

It left me no laptop for 5 days and then while I was alone and in a quiet place, I prayed to our God for some miracle. then I think God answered my prayer and told me that I have a 1TB HD IDE installed in a Media8er media player box and a 500GB Seagate external HD, both HD are new and there’s more space for data. I decided to put that as my last resort, and got the idea of salvaging the 250GB HD of my wife’s old Acer laptop (dated 2007), her laptop is dead due to keyboard and screen problems, but the HD still works fine. I inquired to my wife and she told me that I can use it, then the problem strikes when we found out that the old Acer laptop is missing here at home… whoaaa such a pain

2012-06-13 15.12.57
Transferring my files from external HD to a 1TB HD

2012-06-13 15.13.09
Trying Windows XP in my laptop

Then, I went back to my last resort
1. Back up my files from the Seagate HD and transfer all of it to the 1TB HD
2. Crack open the Seagate external HD
3. Dismantle the external HD enclosure and get the HD
4. Install the HD into my laptop
5. Install Windows 7
6. Install softwares and add important files needed for my work
7. Use the 1TB Media8er media player as my external HD

2012-06-13 15.12.23
the big solution, open my external HD and use it as my laptop HD

I also used the old HD that I used before and I convert it as my new external HD, but I don’t trust that old HD, but it runs smooth as it host some files, maybe I can use this for ToyCon and install video files that we need to air videos on stage.

So there you go, you know my problems few days ago and an awesome solution.
Now Im back to work!