Me and my family viewing party of the transit of Venus


I was about to post this yesterday along with the transit of Venus photos, but we became busy after the astro event, because it was lunch time when we took this photo at home. The viewing party started when I took photos at around 8am and then Lace, my wife told me that she wants to view it also, and I told her it is impossible to see the planet Venus with our naked eye because the sun is too bright at around 9am, She went up to the room and used her old X-ray films and she told us that the planet Venus as a shadow dot can be seen clearly. I went up and tried it and wow! you can see it clearly, all we need to do is close our other eye and view it. I’m glad that it was cloudy that day and the shiny sun was blocked off by small clouds and it serves as a good solar filter.

Later on, Aunt Y went outside and brought Lace’s mini telescope, the live viewing party started when my wife wants to view the live streaming online and project it in our Samsung LCD, we no longer have available laptops at home, but I used the old ASUS EEEPC netbook and used a RGB connector for the TV and netbook, I also used a JBL subwoffer satellite for the audio from the netbook. Then the part of the house was like a space observatory hahahaha. We took photos and then watch interview of some scientist who give feedback about the transit of Venus. It was an awesome astro event for the family. My son also joined with us but he is clueless on what’s going on, maybe he will read this blog post and then realize that the transit of Venus will happen after the next century.

here are our photos